Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
MaggieThinkPad

Can't Adjust Brightness on E420!

I just got my E420 yesterday and I'm quite happy with it... but my battery is a bit loose on the laptop which kind of annoys me... and the right button makes a clicky noise when I press it, like the bottom right side of the keyboard isnt fully intact. Lastly, the brightness stayed constant when i tried to adjust it... 

I've tried using the keyboard (F7 and F8), i've also tried it changing the settings thru Power Manager... but no luck ;(

What can i do to fix this? >_<

Another question, does the laptop use energy directly from outlet after battery is fully charged? Like it doesn't use the energy from battery and having the battery charging constantly...

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Can't Adjust Brightness on E420!

hey MaggieThinkPad,

on the part of the brightness, uninstall Hotkey and Power Manager. go to http://support.lenovo.com and download the latest and install.

and nope, the battery will stop charging when it is completely charged. So when its at 100% and the adapter is connected, the laptop will use adapter power.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
benreaves

Re: Can't Adjust Brightness on E420!

Here is a link to the only post in lenovo.com that helped me on this:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/SL-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Brightness-control-Fn-End-Fn-Home-does-not-wo...