Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Sebast20

Casing making noises when touching it + Keyboard flexing and noisy [BAD CASING]

[ Edited ]

So, 2 months ago I decided to purchase the ThinkPad Edge 15''

No it has started making noises when typing, it comes from near the ThinkPad logo, the keyboard is flexing when using the arrows (It has done that from date of purchase)

I haven't dropped it nor has it hit anything hard and I don't know what is making that terrible sound.

Video of the sounds.

This is killing me, what should I do?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Sebast20

Re: Casing making noises when touching it + Keyboard flexing and noisy [BAD CASING]

Should I contact the store or is there any known way to fix this?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

Re: Casing making noises when touching it + Keyboard flexing and noisy [BAD CASING]

Better contact the store where you bought it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
mkbray1
Topics: 0
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Just curious, what type of noise is it making, and does it just make the noise when typing or is it a rattle as the machine is running?

Flrdblnd
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Sebast20

[ Edited ]

Sorry for late reply, thought the thread died.

First off it sounds like a hollow and rattling sound, you can hear it in the youtube video.

It makes the sound as well when typing, the keyboard is flexing and the spacing plastic (Below and betweel the keys) are popping up at the FN And CTRL button also the whole lower right part of the keyboard is flexing / bending.

Also I got a new issue, when pluggin the AC in the computers becomes so slow, I can confirm it's NOT my battery settings.

I haven't dropped the PC or done anything that could knock something lose, it's quite odd.

EDIT: When the machine is running the only thing I can hear is the fan, just as you would expect.