Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
jasloh

Disappointment in Customer Services offers at Megalink Systems Singapore

To it may concern, 

This is to bring to your notice that I am greatly dishearten by how LENOVO’s customer service and the technical team who handles the client’s follow-up.

I’ve recently gotten a brand new laptop (Thinkpad E420) which was sent to me as a gift from the US to Singapore for the use of my studies. Given that, I’ve been relying on it heavily due to school’s coursework.

To my disappointment, after a month of use, the laptop gave off weird sounds and soon after, was completely switch off. To my horror, it was unable to boot from then. As I needed it to be repaired urgently, I sent it for servicing immediately on 1 September 2011 and was told that it would take no longer  then a 1 week for it to be done. To my despair , up till today, 17th September  I have yet to receive any call or updates on my progress of my laptop.

To top it  off, no calls  were made by the customer service centre on my delay which I remember clearly that I  was told that follow-ups will be notified to my attention.

I hope that you take this complaint serious and investigate this matter as soon as possible.

Guru
PeterTWJ

Re: Disappointment in Customer Services offers at Megalink Systems Singapore

Hi, jasloh

I am from Singapore too and I myself heard some negative feedback from my friends and hardwarezone about Megalink Systems Singapore. Sorry for hearing about your disappointment.

Since you are using ThinkPad instead of IdeaPad, I would recommend you to bring your ThinkPad E420 to either 

Lenovo Service CentreNo 9 Changi Business Park Central 1, The IBM Place 2.

Lenovo DropOff Center600 North Bridge Road #16-01 Parkview Square

for your next repair if necessary. Most probably, send your machine to IBM or Lenovo to repair directly would be better than sending to 3rd party Authorized Service Centre.

What you can do now is to calm down and email to one of the staff in the forums or call Lenovo Support (800 6011 343) to discuss about your case.

Best practice is to talk / complain in a friendly manner
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Friendly-Complaints-and-Suggestions/m-p/532197

Best Regards :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

=============================================
Does someone post helps you? Give them a kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4!:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M1551... 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey jasloh,

sorry to hear about what had happen at Megalink.

would it be possible for you to send me a pm with the following info as i would like to check on what is going on and to assist you.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
thomasw333

Lenovo in the USA has poor customer service also, they never respond to the issues I have had even when I call them and get case numbers, they take my information and then I never hear from them again, I will most likely never buy a Lenovo again, I have an E420.

Punch Card
jasloh

Hi,

I'm glad that finally a lenovo staff got back to me on the forum.

As a suggestion to lenovo. Thinkpad E420 is a fairly new laptop advertised, and it could be due to it is new, thus the services center located all over the world have no parts. And I understand that, thus, the QC of the laptop shouldn't it of another higher level. So could have reduce all this extra work? Alternatively, shouldnt the services center offer a replacement laptop for services of laptop that take longer than 2 weeks?

It could be my misunderstanding, but if it keeps up with the current defect rates, and the services level, it will be a damage to the company reputation. Folks like me wont want a defect PC after all. 

Punch Card
jasloh

[ Edited ]

It has been over a month, than it has been fixed. I'm not getting another lenovo laptop.

Paper Tape
Koxinga

I've had a similar experience to you. I'm a new Lenovo customer. In Oct., I purchased a Thinkpad E420 from an online retailer. I had heard good things about the product and felt good about the purchase. That ended very soon.  About three weeks later, the laptop would not start up. Rather than try to return the computer through the online retailer, I opted to contact Lenovo as the computer was still under warranty. That was a big mistake! I should have tried to return the computer and get a refund as soon as trouble started brewing because dealing with Lenovo's customer service and trying to get my machine repaired/replaced has been a long journey of frustration, disappointment, and anger. Although my laptop was brand new, customer service would not replace the model and made me wait over three weeks to return the computer (keep in mind i only had the computer for three weeks). After the machine was returned, I had it for about a month before the same problem occurred again!!! I contacted Lenovo and demanded a new computer, as I had completely lost faith in the defective one I had purchased. They refused saying that one repair service was not enough to replace a computer. My computer was 3 weeks old before it malfunctioned!!! The computer has been inoperable longer than it has been operable, and Lenovo did not give a s@*t!  I wish I had never bought this Lenovo computer. It has been one of my worst consumer experiences.

Ken from California 

Fanfold Paper
motorhead45102

In the earlier days, ibm/lenovo, were very good, but just like everyone, they are finding shorcuts to get around things, making inferior products and wanting more money, its all a big money game, i wish that the quality and customer care would come back into play but it cost them too much so they cut corners which is stupid.