Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
dcrisler1

Dont buy Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Dont buy a Thinkpad...I have a Thinkpad type 1143 with the sn# *. I have had the dc power supply replaced 3 times in 1 yr. There was even a wait once on the part, so I know that it is a faulty board and others have experienced the same issue. There has to be a lemon law on this product. The laptop is once again not powering up and is conveniently out of warranty, I'm not going to have it fixed again so it will function for 2 months and then not power up. I'm requesting a refund or another type of Lenovo laptop that doesnt have a know faulty board, but I'm sure this same board is used in other types also. I can and will get the Better Business Bureau involved. Also 1 week after I purchased this laptop from Shangai, my credit card had fraudulent charges... word of mouth goes a long ways and Lenovo needs to rectify this issue. Dan Crisler LENOVO Order 2H9J4R 27-May-2011 XXX6316 SHANGHAI BAO YUAN TI Y - SHANGHAI , CH Pending No Fee -72.43 27-May-2011 XXX6316 SHANGHAI BAO YUAN TI Y - SHANGHAI , CH Pending No Fee -30.73

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked serial number to prevent misuse. Please post the same thing in multiple places. It splinters the discussion and makes it really hard to follow. 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,235
Solutions: 1,324

Re: Dont buy Lenovo

so you got the ThinkPad Edge E520?

Also, you are saying you got the machine from Shanghai? But the location of purchase indicates USA.

Finally, you are saying it has a Faulty DC power supply board? or are you saying the motherboard is having issue? Most of the reports from other customers talk about faulty EEPROM issues, not DC power supply board issue.

Can you clarify?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Serial Port
pustekuchencake

Betreff: Dont buy Lenovo

[ Edited ]

dcrisler1 schrieb:

Dont buy a Thinkpad...

Full ack!:catmad: (I'm bothered by a Edge E530)

Betreff: Dont buy Lenovo

It must be because we all bought the budget line laptops... so we don't deserve a perfectly working laptop.

Token Ring
parmardilan

Nope. Dont buy the EDGE SERIES
ThinkPad Twist S230U-
OS-Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU-Intel Core i7 3517U @ 1.90GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM-8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard-LENOVO 3347CTO (CPU Socket - U3E1)
Graphics-Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display 1366x768 (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)
Storage-298GB Seagate ST320LT007-9ZV142 (SATA) 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB (SSD) 29GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Audio-Realtek High Definition Audio
Punch Card
Gtaris

Fair answer, Edge has nothing to do with the classic Thinkpads.

I still got a T400 and just bought a E530, what a deception Edge is!

Paper Tape
THEYNOGO

im with the op lenovo and ibm will never appear on my want list ever again quality is shocking parts build quality and customer service is rediculous buy something worth having even a dell would be better than this rubbish

Fanfold Paper
nick_s

[ Edited ]

The Edge series have terrible quality.

I bought an E530 two months ago and few days back i found that some piece was missing on the back of the laptop.

Today, a screw came out by itself from the back HDD cover!!! I never even opened it.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 136

Re: E520 multiple DC power supply replacements

[ Edited ]

dcrisler1,

I got your PM last week and also aware that you have multiple posts in forum sharing your experience with E520 , machine type 1143. The experience is disappointing indeed and I"m really sorry that you have to go through it again and again.

I would like to help. First of all, could you help us to understand your situation by answering lead_org's question above?

Do you have the multiple case numbers for the replacement of DC Power Supply?

- Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español