Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
tajwar_h
Accepted Solution

E320 Unexpectedly Powers off when changing its position !?

Hey Guys,
My ThinkPad Edge E320 isn't but a few months old, but I have been noticing a problem with it. I want to know if others are facing similar problems and if there is any solution for it.

The laptop powers off completely when I move it. But I have noticed that it does not happen if I am REALLY careful with it, and move it holding the two sides.

There seems to be a 'soft-spot' on the underside of the laptop that causes it to switch off immediately when it's pressured. And moving the laptop holding it at the bottom causes exactly that.

Is anyone else facing such an issue? It would be great if someone could help me out with this.
Non E320 users, if you have an idea about what is happening and might know a solution, please don't hesitate to post about it.

Thanks everbody.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: E320 Unexpectedly Powers off when changing its position !?

try reseat the hdd in your ThinkPad and see whether that solves the issue.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SCSI Port
mujagawudakhi

i've resitted the HDD because ive also experienced this problem... but after couple of trips and carry's in the backpack it turns off when i move it or press the upper left part of the keyboard where the hdd a little bit harder or something it turns off... can i put something between the HDD and the motherboard so that connections of those two parts do not interfere ??

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

this means that your E320 hdd plug has contact issue.

The E330 drive bay was modified by placing strips of foams underneath the drive.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
yugn

I found a solution which seems a permanent fix for this issue. 

upload two photos FYI
http://s21.postimg.org/mxsbtwrmv/Photo2.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/fgnpsfrhj/Photo6.jpg

I bought the E320 for a year. Never had any problem during my honours study. Only from last week, when moving the laptop, the machine instantly shut down off. After a few troubleshooting (battery plug in and AC power), I noticed the problem occurred only when you hold the bottom of the top left side keyboard with pressure.

Google this issue, found a large amount of complaints from Lenovo forum and whirlpool. Thanks for the input of ThunderDuck in whirlpool. I simply placed a thick paper (I chose photo paper) underneath the SSD (the metalic surface caused the short circuit, I suppose), and the problem was fixed.

SCSI Port
mujagawudakhi

man i did this and hope i my never gets off at a gig since im a band DJ... i thought about it but never did actually do it... tnx dog... 

if it helps , all my props goes to you! :smileyhappy:

peace

What's DOS?
aineverfail

Hi yugn

Thanks a lot for posting your solution. I had exactly the same problem and had it solved perfectly!