Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
hobbsy
Accepted Solution

E420 Wireless Problems

Hi I just received my E420 today and it will only connect to my wireless network (802.11n) if I am in the same room as my router. In my bedroom I cannot even connect to the network, despite it showing up in the available networks with "excellent" reception. I have a desktop and another laptop both of which connect to the network fine in my bedroom. My other housemates also recieve full reception in my bedroom. I upgraded the network card to 2x2 a/b/g/n and I bought the top E420 (i7 processor etc). I tried booting the computer in safe mode with networking and it couln't not connect to the network. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or will I have to return my brand new computer? 

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: E420 Wireless Problems

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge/Wireless-internet-working-intermittently-on-Thinkpad-Edge-...

Hi hobbsy and welcome to the Community,

Here's a few things to try.  

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
nakriner

Hobbsy,

I bought a refurb E420 and had the same issue. Here is how you fix this:

Remove the panel on the bottom of the laptop to access the HDD, RAM, and the wifi adapter will be to the left of the HDD:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD021752

One of the antenna cables on the wifi adapter should be disconnected... Simply reattach it, and this issue should be resolved.

What's DOS?
nvieira

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks. As you suggested, one of the wilress card's antenna wires was disconnected. One wonder's if this was done on purpose or someone just being sloppy.