Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Fent

E420 - beeps twice while attempting sleep mode..

A little background: UEFI clean install win 7 home prem, all correct drivers, bios (UEFI), and updates installed (to my knowledge...and lots of effort to make sure I have all the latest and greatest.)  1141-a24

The Issue:   All methods of putting the computer into standby (sleep) results in two beeps and the display turns off.  The "i" light remains solid.  If left like this sometimes (maybe always...) it will go into hybernation but not into sleep mode (which will give you the "i" light slowly pulsing.)

On fresh reboot, the computer will sleep normally.

With the two beeps I was thinking error code but I have not been able to locate any errors listed on the computer, also I have not been able to find any information on the computer giving a Beep code other than during post.

Any ideas?  

Punch Card
Fent

Re: E420 - beeps twice while attempting sleep mode..

So....uhhh....any body? I can't be the only one that has experienced this.
jdg
Blue Screen Again
jdg

I think the beeps are normal. When my E420s enters sleep mode it makes a beep, the fans are on for a second, and then it makes another beep. I'm sorry I can't help you more :/

Punch Card
Fent

This is actually not a normal beep.  One beep when the power states changes is normal.  Two beeps is not.  It is not actually going to sleep.

Recently, I have had issues with it coming out of hybernation.  It seems to be running bogged down, then BSOD.  Restart, and its fine.

It sounds like a driver issue, but I have not seen anyone else having issues.

Punch Card
Fent

Just an update:  Still having intermittent issues getting into sleep mode and hibernation. 

I suppose I just have to wait for a new driver from Lenovo.

What's DOS?
mycountry

Same problem here. Would be thankful for any advice!

Punch Card
Fent

I tried a few more times to run windows 7 in UEFI mode. The last time (month ago or so) I thought that I was no longer having an issue, and the second week into it I updated to the latest version of power manager and it went back to the same issue. 

I have sence updated to Windows 8, which has introduced its own issues (nothing major, works well actually...just waiting on a solution for accessing Lenovo OEM apps on windows' app store)