Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
sardelich
Accepted Solution

E420 overheating

I have a quite possibly big problem. I have E420 1141-CKG model and each time when computer resumes from either standby or hibernate,the fan does not work and laptop heats up really really bad. It still works and plastics under become hot and you can feel a smell of hot plastic. If I restart the laptot the fan works fine and if I switch graphics from intel to ati the fan comes up again.But if not restarted the fan just doesnt work.I think this amount of heat will damage the laptop quite soon. Is there a fix for this problem?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: E420 overheating

You need to update the BIOS to resolve the issue.

Kindly download the BIOS from the mentioned below web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8huj11us.exe

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
sardelich

changed 3 versions so far (1.21,1.22,1.23) and the issue is still here.sometimes when i restart the computer i get fan error message at bios startup and PC shuts down.when I power it up,it works just fine...

Paper Tape
sardelich

any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Paper Tape
sardelich

ok,since support from lenovo is..well....crap.bios updating didnt solve anything.so is the vga driver update install reinstall etc...even reinstalled windows 7.but recent update from microsoft in windows update for intel integrated vga solved the issue...fan kicks in perfectly when under load no matter if it is from standby or not.and switchable graphics work.so,lenovo,please,check your vga drivers since it is obviously software related issue,not bios...