Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
regan

Re: E420s freezes without any reason

Yeah i actually just disabled the wireless lan and ran off the cable lan for a while and i didnt experience any freezing.

Switched the wireless back on and it started freezing again. Lenovo sent me a free replacement WLAN card as this part was covered under warranty and the new card is fine, no freezing at all.

Of course the diagnostics would not pick that up because its an intermittent fault.

Blue Screen Again
Biesty

I had the same issue with my e420s as well.  I've had it for about 8 months now and it would freeze up anywhere from 1-6 times a month depending on use.  It mainly happened when Outlook was syncing as I was working on multiple things  resulting in lost work.  Last month it froze up on me multiple times in one day and I decided I can't live with this anymore. After reading this forum I called Lenovo and they promptly sent me a replacement WLAN Card.  It's been almost a month since replacing the card and I haven't had one freeze. Now that this issue is resolved this laptop works very well.  I have an 80GB SSD card for the OS, 500GB HD for files, 8GB RAM and it's exceptionanally fast.

What's DOS?
Richard_Strutt

HOW TO FIX IT ? :smileysad: 

my thinkpad E420s just bought 1 month ago, keeps freezing for no reason. 

Retired Employee
NINE

hi Richard_Strutt,

Thank yo for your post. Based on the posting here it appears that the freezing is caused when connected to the wireless? However when connected via Wired connect all seems to fine. Are you experiencing similar issues as this?? 

If you are, you may want to consider contacting our support team and they should be able to advise you accordingly. Base on what've read here it appears that with the replacement of the wireless card ot had rectified the freezing issues  when connected through wireless.

Do give our support team a call and letusknow how it goes.

Regards

Fanfold Paper
nick_s

My Edge 530 laptop is freezing intermittently while watching videos. I have tried multiple videos (different encoding sources and different movies) and also tried different movie players. It freezes. 

I have no idea why it freezes, the videos would have worked on a Pentium 3. Not even HD videos.

Any solutions to this issue?

:smileysad: 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,277

@Nick_S

are you using the laptop with the battery inserted?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
nick_s

well, i have been using it both with battery and without.. I think the freezing issue is there in both cases, but i will re-check to confirm today.

(sorry about delay in replying & thank you for assistance) 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,277

@nick_s,

run hwinfo64, see if your CPU is running at proper clock speed under stress (test the CPU stress with Prime95).

Also, check system temp with HWinfo64.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Punch Card
JuveZzZ

i think i have the same issue as you,............. could it be my Wlan card as well
What's DOS?
apavan

Same Issue, Thinkpad E420s (4401) just freezing without any reason. Sent back to the Lenovo warranty service, they replaced the cooler fan and restored it to the factory default setting, but was still freezing. Hopefully resolved by uninstalling the lenovo thinkvantage toolbox including all apps, avoiding the lenovo drivers for touchpad and pointer and installed  Process Tamer. hope it helps.