Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Napolei
Accepted Solution

E420s switchable graphics with opengl

Hi,

I have a E420s with switchable graphics (HD6630M). It works fine for most games which are using directx, but I cant seem to be able to run anything using opengl on the 6630M. Even if I set it to highest performance in the switchable graphics menu, it will still use the very slow integrated intel card.

Is there any way to force it to use the 6630M? Or in the worst case, is there any way to disable the integrated card so the laptop will always use the 6630M? I already looked in the BIOS, but there were only 2 options: integrated (which only uses the intel card) and switchable graphics, but there is no option to only use the dedicated graphics card.

Napolei

Paper Tape
cobot

I want an official statement for the "switchable graphics problem".

I bought E520 three month ago. I"m absolutly satisfied with this laptop except the switchable graphics problem (opengl, some old games, etc..). Everybody knows about this problem but there is still no solution or statement yet. Why? The driver 8.811.1.5000/6.14.0.3074 is at least four months old. There is no new driver...

Please tell me:

1) Is there any solution for this problem (new driver)? Do you work on this? When it will be done?

or

2) There is no solution. It's hardware problem. It wouldn't be good news, but better than don't know anything and wait unnecessarily for miracle.

or

3) There is a solution but we don't care.

Tell us SOMETHING!!!

Punch Card
Anno

Re: E420s switchable graphics with opengl

I have the exact same problem with my E420 Thinkpad! I think it may be a driver problem...

How to fix?

Punch Card
Anno

Re: I want an official statement for the "switchable graphics problem".

Yeah Lenovo, give official statement!!!
Punch Card
Anno

Has anyone tried getting in contact with Lenovo and asking them?

Punch Card
Anno

Is there maybe an unofficial solution...?

Fanfold Paper
lmyyyks

I have the same problem as well.

E420 with 6630m

I can't even update the graphic driver. Could anyone please tell me how to update it?

Thanks a lot!

Punch Card
Anno

Anything???

Paper Tape
Napolei

[ Edited ]

I did this:

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2057776037?page=3

(post #42)

to update the graphics driver of the 6630M. I'm running on the 8.811.1.4000 (Intel HD Graphics) and the 8.850.6.0 (6630M). Works without a problem for me. Only thing is I haven't found any possibility to use the dedicated card for opengl and I searched everywhere and tried everything I could find/think of. So if anyone has an idea I m ready to try it :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
cobot

But this works only on starcraft II. It is not complete solution. Opengl stil doesn't work. CAD and for example every game from IDsoft (Doom, Quake etc). Mafia doesn't work too. It runs only on HD3000. I have problem with Far Cry and Fallout 3 too.It doesn't run.

I hate Lenovo support!