Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
paralityk

Re: E420s switchable graphics with opengl

[ Edited ]

Yeah I agree, buisness applications must be THE WORST, for ex. look at cinebench NOT using ATI, it's slow as hell.

http://i.imgur.com/GVnKf.png

LOL, my 3 year old (bought 08Q1, presented 07Q3) Compal FL90 with failing/faulty (bad solder problem, baked it in an oven 2 or 3 times) Nvidia 8600M GT is scoring about 8FPS in this benchmark. That's not funny anymore, that's tragic :/

OK, I'm done here, now you Lenovo guys need to repair this, because no one will explain it any clearer, actually there's nothing more to explain. If you won't deal with this:

1. You're lame (your image going dooown, regular customers hating the brand)

On the other hand if you will, and you'll do it properly and you'll be faster than other manufacturers, then big <3 and respect :smileywink: and then I could say "finally a company that supports a product after it's released and sold"

Mod edit: content nonconforming to forum rules removed.

Punch Card
Anno

+1

The problem has been explained heaps of times just hurry up and fix it Lenovo!

Token Ring
paralityk

Oh and please don't go the "it's working here, there is no problem" way (like you already did a little bit with saying that Google Earth is working fine)...

I've been through this with my Compal, I had to pay 65$ for shipping because they said there was no problem, and now I'm tearing whole laptop apart to bake the GPU because now it's not working at all. I was stupid back then I paid and I shut up and forgot about it.

Punch Card
hazetheamaze

Hello!

New AMD PX4.0 Graphics Driver have just been released, Version 8.840.7.3000 (18 Sep 2011)

Has anyone hade time to test if it solves anything?

Token Ring
paralityk

Yes I'm using it currently. Everything still works the same. All those ss were made with original driver updated with this newer driver updated with 11.9RC.
What's DOS?
Jari

Hi,

Same problem. Diagnostics tool/Device Manager says that ATI 6630M-card is OK and everything else is alos OK, but I Just Can't use ATI-card...

There's no way to switch it on or disable Intel...

I have tried multiple Direct X games. There's no option to use ATI..

Same thing with OPEN GL.

I really hope that Fix will come soon.

Or maybe I just return e420s and buy something else..

Punch Card
Anno

@Jari

No, you don't have the same problem as us. You didn't change the games to high performance

Go to right click on desktop>configure switchable graphics>high performance for DirectX games.

And wait on fix for OpenGL games...

Fanfold Paper
geogre

i couldn't try any new driver yet because by now there is none for the E520.

i desperately hope this is going to be fixed *very* soon, or i need a statement that they won't fix it at all so that i can start returning this non-working laptop to the dealer and buy something else, which would be going to take lots of time and nerves again  :smileysad:

Token Ring
paralityk

Bump. It's not like we're writing letters, any updates?

Paper Tape
roncohe4

i have the same problem with a little addition:

ive been trying to install the latest graphic driver from the amd website, but keep on receiving a message (when trying to install) that the driver is incompatible with my system!

did anyone else receive this message as well?

plus im playing starcraft 2 on low settings and it still jumps around :-\

come on lenovo

fix it!

i have another week and a half until i have to return this product, unless it'll be fixed of course....