Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
paralityk

Re: E420s switchable graphics with opengl

I suggest you try these:http://www.mediafire.com/?1qktv98fh4r8t4a from guru3d.com forum afair

From amd you shouldn't follow they're "wizard" you need a link to a driver with ocl at the end of it's name, basically regular desktop driver, link:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-8_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Fanfold Paper
geogre

E520 - "switchable" graphics do NOT switch when using professional software!

IS THIS ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED - OR NOT ???

hello,

this is my last try to get a statement from lenovo before i have to return my E520 (which i like, actually, but it has to work as promised. otherwise i cannot use it).

the switchable graphics DO NOT work, and at least 2 important programs that i need DO NOT use the accelarated amd radeon graphics. of course the programs are configured in the amd driver to use the radeon chip but they run on the intel chip, so they are too slow and i can't use the complete functionality of the software.

the software is:

CAD - Bricscad

Visualisation - Autodesk 3ds max

i have tried to call lenovo service and they couldn't help.

i need a statement from lenovo VERY SOON if this going to be fixed SOON and i can run my software on this laptop and use this laptop as intended or if this NOT going to be fixed, leaving this laptop unusable (in my case) and me having to return it to the dealer.

PLEASE answer this lenovo!!! there are many people experiencing the same problems with this "switchable" driver.

thanks for any help!!

i have already written to both of the software companies, both told me it is related to the video driver used:

"The issues you’re seeing ... sound like they are related to an issue either with the Video Card, Video Card Driver or configuration of the Display / Driver. "

i have also written to amd, and they also said it is a driver issue and lenovo is responsible:

"The correct point of contact for support on this is the laptop manufacturer, Lenovo.  The drivers for the switchable graphics laptops are proprietary and released through the laptop manufacturers support.  The AMD mobility reference drivers from AMD are not compatible with switchable graphics laptops.

Check with Lenovo support, see if there are any manual options to control the switching of the graphics cards and see if they can get the application to run off of the more powerful add in card.   There may be a BIOS update from Lenovo for the laptop motherboard or video chipset that helps.   They may also be able to suggest wasy to disable the integrated graphics so the application will not have the option of running off of it."

Punch Card
Mattaust

Re: E520 - "switchable" graphics do NOT switch when using professional software!

Come on Lenovo, Please report this issue.

Punch Card
Anno

Re: E520 - "switchable" graphics do NOT switch when using professional software!

hurry up Lenovo...

Token Ring
paralityk

and another day passes someone bought his workforce-lenovo and he can't use it for work. LOL

Paper Tape
roncohe4

hi.

thank you for your comment.

i have installed what you gave in the link, but im not sure if its working or not.

when im going to the device manager and chosing the intel graphic adapters to be disabled, the resolution of the computer drops and i cannot fix it. plus, the "arrow" program of windows doesnt work (works on simpler... thing... im not sure how its called).

is it suppose to be like that? how can i check if anything is working properly?

im playing starcraft 2 and im using medium definitions and it still doesnt work smoothly. im pretty sure its not suppose to be like that....

god i hate this... :-(

Token Ring
paralityk

[ Edited ]

"when im going to the device manager and chosing the intel graphic adapters to be disabled, the resolution of the computer drops and i cannot fix it. plus, the "arrow" program of windows doesnt work (works on simpler... thing... im not sure how its called)."

Have you read anything from this topic at all?

You've tried to disable a GPU which your display is connected to... WHY??!!

Basically your problem is not related to this topic + it's not a problem with PC/software it's just that you don't know how to use it. So far we've established that switching works just fine with all DirectX-based software (which starcraft is)

So again, can lenovo finally answer to what they've done and can please people not write here about their problems with how to use their computer?

Paper Tape
roncohe4

ok, my mistake, but still....

on starcraft im using medium definitions and a message that suggested to lower the definitions even further came across me durring the game quite a few times.

according to notebookcheck.com that shouldn't have happened at all.

quite the opposite, the game should run quite smoothly on high definitions......

any suggestions there?

Token Ring
paralityk

[ Edited ]

May I remind you...

Here's a list of the big name applications that DO NOT WORK on Lenovo ThinkPad(!) branded notebooks.

Adobe After Effects

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Premiere Pro

Autodesk 3ds Max

Autodesk Maya

Blender

(screw the "not properly" if they are not working properly they are NOT WORKING!)

Paper Tape
roncohe4

can you assist me with solving the starcraft 2 issue?