Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
davidricardo86

E425 BIOS and AMD Video Driver Update, any chance a request can be made to happen?

I really like my E425 and I think Lenovo produced a great laptop overall. That is why I feel so strong about seeing support for this laptop. Granted its "only" an Edge ThinkPad, its still a well built laptop. Its keyboard and matte display are pleasant enough for everyday use and the AMD graphics provide enough power to play on low settings in Crysis 1 & 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD:BO, Battlefield 3, and many other modern titles at 1366x768 native resolution. This isn't a gaming laptop but for me this is laptop is perfect gaming. Cooling/overheating is not a problem. 

Anyways, It would be great to see updates soon, because with Trinity expected to launch in the summer-fall period I doubt support is going to go to those lengths for an aging product. Its worth a shot now but it might already be too late.

BIOS:

I would like to be able to select which GPU to use (integrated, discrete, or both). At the moment, you can only select the "integrated gpu" or the "switchable gpu." With switchable option is selected, Minecraft is played with the 6620G by DEFAULT. This issue can be seen throughout many laptop manufacturers using AMD's hardware. Some of the manufacturers have released BIOS and video driver updates for this very same issue. I want to use the discrete 6470M to play Minecraft, not the integrated Radeon 6620G, and vice versa.

Video Driver Update:

The last time the E425's AMD Video Driver was updated was 29 Nov 2011 (8.900.0.0000). I'm sure any new updates since will be welcomed.

Paper Tape
davidricardo86

Re: E425 BIOS and AMD Video Driver Update, any chance a request can be made to happen?

I've also noticed a strange issue when resuming from sleep. The display will dim beyond the lowest setting, almost off, but you can see the display is still on but the brightness is so low that its not really useable. At this point the brightness cannot be adjusted via the keyboard shortcuts or thru Windows' Power Options. Putting the computer to sleep again does nothing. It happens randomly and so far only when going into sleep mode. I don't think its done it when going into hibernate. It has happened at least 5 times since i bought my E425, only a couple months.

The only way ive managed to "fix" this is by restarting the computer or shutting it down.

Paper Tape
davidricardo86

Re: E425 BIOS and AMD Video Driver Update, any chance a request can be made to happen?

This dimmed display issue happened again right now and two days ago. Is there anyone out there that can help? 

:smileyindifferent:

Paper Tape
davidricardo86

A month later and no responses from any members or moderators. This community is pretty **bleep** useless. As "good" as Lenovo computers are, my next one sure won't be a Lenovo.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

moderators are not Lenovo employees, so not sure how their responses will help you in anyway whatsoever.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft