Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
theswissguy

Re: Edge 13 - AMD - Hiss / Distortion and EMI Noise on Speakers and Headphones

mortal wrote:

Please try go in microphone setting and listen if it will stop. Or go to sound recorder

hi there

i have the same problem with my lenovo edge 13, the above doesn't stop the noise.

regards,

martin

Paper Tape
thinkmassive

I have this same problem on my ThinkPad X201 with SSD running Win 7 Pro.  It's really annoying because I plug my laptop into a TV and studio monitors, and the sound is very audible (and annoying) no matter what volume is set.  When music or loud videos are playing it's not very noticeable, but even during quieter parts of movies it can be obvious.  Muting the audio or adjusting the microphone settings have no effect on the noise.

I think ovidiuc hit the nail on the head, and I really hope a fix can come in the form of a driver update to filter out the noise.

Fanfold Paper
mechazawa

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone,

I have a Thinkpad Edge 13 with the Intel SU7300 CPU and still I have the hissing noise on every pair of headphones that is connected to the headphone jack. I thought this problem was only present on the AMD versions but this doesn't seem to be the case.

For me this problem really is a dealbreaker, because it makes it nearly impossible to enjoy music via headphones. I really hope that Lenovo is able to release a fix for this but I'm not very confident about this, as this appears to be a hardware design issue... Too bad, I really think about returning this machine that is apart from that problem really a nice laptop...

Fanfold Paper
lordchaos

I am in contact with Lenovo Benelux support regarding several issues. One of  them is this particular, very annoying issue. I have asked them if they consider this issue as a design issue, but not surprisingly they haven't responded to that question (yet). I will return this laptop if they somehow cannot fix this.

Kind regards,

Eric

Serial Port
yt8019

[ Edited ]

Same problem with my AMD Edge 13. The noise is just too noticeable it's impossible to listen to anything via headphone on the ThinkPad.

Obviously this is not a £2000 top-of-the-range laptop, but having an issue like the hissing noise really dents the brand image of ThinkPad. You think... this shouldn't happen to a 'ThinkPad'! Even my £200 no-brand netbook doesn't have this issue!

Lenovo: fix this please!

Fanfold Paper
lordchaos

Apparently Lenovo wants to replace my function board, but I doubt if this will solve anything. Anyway, will keep you posted.

Eric

What's DOS?
miro

Hi,

Any news on this? I had my system board and topcase replaced but it didn't work...

Fanfold Paper
lordchaos

Apparently they don't have the function board in stock at  the moment, so I will receive a call when they do have it. I also think this will not solve the issue, but we´ll see.

Fanfold Paper
lordchaos

[ Edited ]

The function board (a small printboard containing the headphone jack and the two USB ports) on my Edge 13 was replaced this morning, but this has not solved the issue. I still hear a lot of static noise when I connect my headphones.

Eric

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

lordchaos,

Does this happen whether on battery or AC?  Just wondering if it's line noise?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество