Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
jpg32123

Edge 14 keyboard help

My 14 edge computer's down arrow key has lost its spring to it. There is also keyboard flex coming from the bottom right side of my keyboard. I popped off the down arrow key and it seems that the rubber part is too short or something... the key has always felt different but is now squished down, while the key still works it does have any spring to it.  Can one just replace or add new rubber to the down arrow key. My computer is over a year old so I believe it is out of warranty. I dont want replace the whole keyboard for just one key that is still functional but not pleasant. That area also seems to have keyboard flex aswell that I think makes the problem more noticeable. All of my other keys spring back and I dont notice any flex..... Just wanted any ideas on replacing or repairing just one down arrow key.

P.S My cursor sometimes jumps around when typing but I think that is from me accidentally hitting the touchpad. I like the feel of the keyboard but my down arrow key gets used alot  but now it makes my whole keyboard flex when I use it

Thanx

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Edge 14 keyboard help

hey jpg32123,

i would suggest giving a call to our tech support with regards to this :

1-800-426-7378 [Select "Option #1"]
24 hours/day - 7 days/week

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.