Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
kaylamichelle

Edge 15 - "stuck key" - disk drive wobbly -Problem

[ Edited ]

Ok so I purchased a brand new ThinkPad Edge 15" in gorgeous heatwave red :smileyvery-happy: Sadly it's all messed up. My problems include:

-The top shuts on one side but not the other??

-The disk drive is wobbly to the point where it feels as if its about to fall out

-The bottom hand right corner of the keyboard (by arrow keys) pops in and out when I use the keyboard??

-And of course the most annoying problem is when I go to turn it on now it gives me an error message that says "stuck key" accompanied by a horrid beeping sound.

My laptop isn't more than a month old and it's stopped working. I have always been careful with it and carried it in a safe laptop bag and now it's just quit with no reason.

The worst part is that I have called "tech support" and they told me that they would have someone call me back in an hour and they never called back! I gave them my address and phone number but they have yet to contact me and that was about a week ago. I called yesterday for a second time and got hung up on! I've tried to be patient but I need my laptop for college in september which is rapidly approaching.

Any Ideas on what to do now??

moderator note: subjectline adjusted to match subject more precisely.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Edge 15 - "stuck key" - disk drive wobbly -Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi kaylamichelle,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Firstly I am really sorry that the tech support treated you that way. Kindly try to contact the tech support again, however kindly note down the following.

• Full name of person you have spoken over the phone with
  • Time
  • Date
  • Service case

If the above issue happens again, kindly PM me and I will share this issue with the Lenovo Care Team.

Appreciate your feedback.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
z1reticuli

Re: Edge 15 - "stuck key" - disk drive wobbly -Problem h

I have purchased the RED EDGE 15 a month ago too, now what I am getting is that e.g. when I rest my hands on a laptop when typing, some keys go mad, e.g. typing "d" I get :/ and also volume is increasing by two... trying to reduce the volume using the "voice -" key, what I get is the wirless connection menu.

Gets me really crazy.

Any idea what to do?

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi z1reticuli,

Did you get this issue outright when you first use your EDGE? Could you try plugging in an external keyboard and see if the issue persist there.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
PetterM

I have a year-old Edge 15 and I'm having same kind of problems. When I press "e", sometimes I get "p". Keys "3", "d" and "c" also have unexpected outcomes, like "wrong letter(s) + ENTER". Fn keys around F3 (volume up) will have wrong functions.

Most of the time the keys work like they should. But when they get wild, there seems not to be any reason for this. The keys are not stuck, no error notifications. Resting a palm on the laptop does not produce the problem. There might be some link to battery life or heating, but neither seems to be consistently causing the problem.

I'm using an external keyboard whenever the problem occurs, and it's working correctly.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@PetterM,

Did you have this issue when the edge came out of the box? Or did the issue came after a few months? Has the TVSU software update been done? Also could you scan for viruses?

If all has been done and issue still persist, i would recommend to send your laptop for service.

//JameZ

What's DOS?
PetterM

Thanks for reply!

It started only a couple of months ago, at that time I had used the laptop a little over half a year. So maybe the update doesn't fix it, unless it was an earlier update that caused the problem...? But I will try the latest update. I also scanned for the viruses with Norton, but it found nothing.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@PetterM,

Call the service center to get the issue checked.

//JameZ

What's DOS?
tmelvin

I'm having a very similar issue with my 15" edge that is starting to bum me out. After about half year or so started noticing the mouse jumps around when I am typing and if I don't pay attention my messages make no sense. No one of my keys is starting to stick after less than a year and don't have the energy or time to deal with sending it anywhere just for that. I think the chasis around the keyboard isn't sturdy enough and all the flux from nomal hand and typing weight is starting to bug it out. Also I have to really play with the power button to get it to turn on sometimes. Love the machine, but the chasis around the keypad is undersupported I think
Paper Tape
AlexandreB

b

b

£b

£haractpr

toSame heurzarpp (Read " Same here")

Bought edge15 in Octobp, now keiyboard does this. Typing spmetimes gives wrong character, or string of 2-6? characters, sometimes hits a function (typing "e" gives all sorts of variations going from "p" to changing volume to opening wireless control...

There is no apparent consistency in the errors.