Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
dapogi

Edge E420 Webcam not Working

Help!! i just downloaded skype and it says that i don't have a webcam connected to my laptop! I'm not sure what to do because i tried downloading the drivers of the lenovo website but it still does not register

-sorry for my english

Maliha

Re: Edge E420 Webcam not Working

Hi dapogi,

Can you verify whether your model has Webcam? Can you enable it via Fn+ F5?

Let us know.
------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Paper Tape
dapogi

It is a model E420 (1141CTO) and it is supposed to have a 720p HD Camera! When i press Fn + F5, I only get audio settings.

I Hope somebody can help me with this =) 

What's DOS?
fanctil

I have the same problem. No webcam. In file manager, it says "unknown device".

I have been on the phone with tech support for an hour + and they were not even able to fix the problem. Funniest thing is that I was able to see myself in Microsoft silverlight and when I downloaded the driver for the cam, I was not able to see myself in silverlight anymore. So at first, the webcam seemed to be installed but not working with Skype or MSN...

I have had the laptop for less then a day! I am calling tomorrow to get another one because it looks like there is no solution to that and its a manufacturing problem...

Paper Tape
ChknBroth

Evening! 

I had this same problem just today. 

Purchased my laptop (Edge E420) about a month ago, I have used the built-in camera to take snapshots, video chat with Skype and Google, and run Window Live Movie Maker (Webcam recording). Just tonight my camera has not been cooperative. The green light indicating it's on does not come on and now none of the options I named before work properly. I checked BIOS and the tests got passed. I then proceeded to uninstall the driver and attempted to reinstall the 2.0M driver version 1.0.1.9 but was met with the error "The USB Camera Module is not connected." 

And now I don't know where to go from here...Am I following the right steps? Before I uninstalled my driver, Fn+F5 at least showed the "Hide display/Show camera image" hide/show screenshot variation, but now that option isn't there anymore.

Any help would be greatly appericiated!

Paper Tape
ChknBroth

So apparently, all I did last night before calling it a day was locate the lenovo site for Edge 420 and download the 'right'(!!!) driver verision (1.1.0.1147). Download and installation went smoothly. Then I restarted my laptop. Upon restarting, I check BIOS and diagnostics, everything checked out. checked the camera to see if it worked....and nothing. :smileysad:

Just booted it up after work and now it works for screenshots, gmail chat, and windows live movie maker.

So...the problems fixed! (for now. :smileytongue:)

Paper Tape
migwell2