Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Toonshorty

Edge E525 Battery Charge Bug

Hi,

I've got a problem with my E525 where the battery isn't always fully charging. The issue is tempremental so is hard to diagnose but essentially when plugged in the laptop will usually charge to 100% without issue. However there have been cases where it has reached a point and given up charging. Hovering over the windows battery icon will say something along the lines of 'Plugged in, not charging'. The point at which it stops charging can be anywhere between 1 and 99% however is usually around 60-80%, however I have seen it as low as 55%.

The only way to get it to charge futher is to shut down the laptop, remove the battery and then reinsert the battery. This usually fixes the problem for a few days. The time/frequency of the issue is random too, sometimes it can happen several times a week and other times can go months with out fault.

Is this a problem with the battery?

Thanks,

Ben

harishnailwal
Topics: 0
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 2

Re: Edge E525 Battery Charge Bug

Hello Ben,

This might be an issue with drivers. To resolve the issue I suggest you to uninstall the Lenovo Power management driver and Power Manager from the Programs and features under Control panel. If you are using Windows XP the please  check for  Add and remove programs under control panel. After uninstalling the Driver and Software, please restart your system and then Download and install the Driver and software from the below mentioned web link.

Power Management driver: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/g1ku10ww.exe

Power Manager: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/g6u420ww.exe

After installing both the driver and software please update the BIOS of your system from the below mentioned web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8huj11us.exe

Please check the issue whether it works or not.

Regards,

Harish

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
ChristinaB

Hello,

I am new here, I joined because Ben's problem is exactly my problem. I updated the drivers and firmware (now have Lenovo Power Man. Driver 1.66.00.22 and Manager 6.40). Stll the battery stands at 46%.

I suspect that the poblem sets in when the laptop goes into sleep or hibernation mode, then it does not always continue to charge the battery. But that is just a guess, as the problem comes up randomly, I cannot study it systematically.

Also, browsing the net, I found advices (don't know where) about pressing the power-on button for 39sec?

I tried it, does not seem to work? Can someone give me an understandable account of those hidden features the power button has?

Tout1108G
Topics: 0
Kudos: 121
Solutions: 57

Hey there ChristinaB,

Some other things we can try giving a look at is your BIOS, currently up to 1.04. The latest version of this driver included a fix: Improve a system power consumption during hibernation or shutdown.Which may someway be involved.

I believe you are referencing a Static Discharge, which to perform you:

1. Unplug the power supply(AC Adapter)
  2. Remove the battery
  3. Disconnect any cords or express cards
  4. Press the power button 10 times, and on the 10th press hold it for 30 seconds

This method has been known to assist with some battery charging issues, where the machine is plugged in "but not charging". I believe it has something to do with capacitors being full.

We also can take a look at doing doing a Battery Guage Reset.(Directions with Images can be found by following the link)

Go to Power Manager > Battery tab > Battery Maintenance, there should be a button that says Perform Reset.

I hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.