Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Firebean

Error 0210 Stuck Key 28

[ Edited ]

Hi get nearly everytime this error

and if he is getting to linux it is writing strange question marks (not the usual question mark) into the terminal window and the mouse pointer is not usual, I can just move windows with it

What can I do

Best

Firebean

What's DOS?
Lafarge

Re: Error 0210 Stuck Key 28

Hey Firebean

I have a quantity of these (NVLQ7UK) and 2 of them have mysteriously developed the exact same fault at exactly the same time. It looks like the apostrophe on the key next to "1" is being pressed repeatedly, and I get the same quirky mouse behaviour - I can't double click, and moving the mouse anywhere within a folder (I'm using Win 7 32-bit) where multiple items exist results in some or all of them being selected.

Fair enough if 1 out of 20 laptops develops a fault within its warranty period - you get it replaced, no brainer. But 2 laptops with exactly the same fault within 2 days of each other? Seriously??

Needless to say I've run multiple levels of spyware, adware, malware and virus scans which all come up negative, despite all having the most current definitions/updates.

Did you progress this with Lenovo? I'm assuming that yours is still within warranty...?

I have both faulty laptops to 'play with' so will keep this thread updated. Grateful for any feedback you can offer too :smileyhappy:

Lafarge

Paper Tape
ChrisHarris

Hi Lafarge and Firebean,

I have met exactly the same fault on model 0301-CYG (Edge 15"):
Error 0210 Stuck Key 28, and it looks like the apostrophe is being pressed repeatedly, and I can't double click using touchpad area.
How did you resolve the issue?

Lafarge: What model is NVLQ7UK in XXXX-XXX form? I cannot find NVLQ7UK anywhere.

Any feedback is welcome.
Thanx.

Chris

Paper Tape
Sally123

I have exactly the same problem with a new Edge 15". On start up it stops and comes up with this message. I'm waiting for Lenovo to get back to me, looks like I'll have to post the darn thing back to them.

I do find that doing ALT CTR DEL gets round it, but not prepared to do that for ever in case it stops working!

BTW Why the hell am I seeing this forum in german! Came through the UK site and despite having the language set to English its all in German. Lucky I can read german lol 

Paper Tape
ChrisHarris

Hi Sally123,

the problem was finally fixed by a Lenovo technician, the mainboard was exchanged under warranty.

BTW: I can see everything in English... :-)

Regards, Chris

What's DOS?
frosty11uk

Hi,

I've had my Edge 15 running Windows 7 for a good few months now and only recently (past couple of weeks) this message has appeared. I'm also getting the microphone /camera /volume icon popping up at times. It's so annoying. Does anyone have a solution to this? I've run the usual anti-virus software and updated all the latest drivers and bios from the Lenovo support pages.

Hope someone can help.

frosty

What's DOS?
kelgun

Hey,

I have the same problem with the icons popping up all the time! How did you fix this?

Punch Card
wantathinkpad

No replies ?

What's DOS?
tommytech

I have the same problem. I can't even get the mouse to work. I get the same error code. How do you fix this? Pulling my hair out Tom
What's DOS?
alsunm

I've recently had this problem with a Lenovo Edge 15" (2010 model) . On opening the covers etc , the problem went away, but then came back when everything was put together again ( so to a technician, replacing the motherboard, the problem may very well seem to go away)

So this was obviously a problem with pressure from one or more of the screws. Eventually, I found that by loosening 4-5 screws on the underside of the unit around  the area near the  bottom right-hand side ( as you look at the open laptop), the problem disappeared. I think I removed one screw completely.

The initial problem appeared after one of my customers had the laptop for a round 18-19 months, so it would appear that downward pressure from the users palm has caused this (over time). It looks like a design problem but I haven't seen this problem on any thinkpad or G series models.