Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
stodulskim

Faulty Motherboard

Hi,
Putting in simply words here it is what happened. In the 13th day of having my product I was simply going to turn the machine on. I could only hear the hard drive spinning for a split of a second and that was it. The ThinkPad E320 did not power on at all ever since. I brought it to the repair service (IBM Ireland) and it turned out to be the malfunction of the motherboard. As I have been told it would only last about 5-6 working days to fix the product. It has been there for over 2 weeks so far and yet the part did not come yet. I have red the case where the man was awaiting the service for almost two weeks, other case was where the customer had the motherboard replaced twice in about 2 months time. Customer service told me that I am not eligible for the replacement and the product will be fixed. But delaying the whole process will not do anything good. As in the guarantee it is specified that if the service provider cannot fix the product he/she should supply me with the machine of a specifications of at least similar to the previous one. I have on-site 1 year warranty and I was not supply with anything. Another point says that if the service provider cannot fix and cannot supply me with a replacement I have rights to get full refund. I am awaiting  quick response now as the further actions will be taken.

Paper Tape
jocjo

Re: Faulty Motherboard

I appear to be having the same issue but I've had my laptop for a year and half and are therefore not eligible for service.  Please let me know if a new motherboard corrected the issue.

Thanks.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Faulty Motherboard

hey stodulskim,

welcome to the forums and apologies on what is going on here. I would like you to pm to me the following details for me to check on what is going on :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.