Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
bu4man

Re: Hotkeys no longer working - ThinkPad Edge 14, Windows 7

JameZ,

Please explain how can I become volunteer? I'm ready to help, because I do have this problem and I don't want to replace laptop.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@bu4man,

dropped you a PM.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
carestad

I'd like some info about becomming a volunteer as well. Sounds interesting but depends on how much work and hacking it requires ;-)
What's DOS?
kajsde

I would just like to thank whosoever came up with removing the battery idea.. just works like a charm.
I was facing this problem for weeks and stumbled upon this thread. No need to do any bios upgrades etc (i did however install the power managment driver and hotkey drivers) ... removed the battery ... for the first time brought up the laptop on direct power supply with battery removed and it worked.

Thanks!
Paper Tape
neurorider

Re: Hotkeys no longer working - ThinkPad Edge 15, Fedora 16

Hi,

I had the Fedora 14, then I upgraded it to Fedora 16 and the same problems was started to appear.

Is there any new news and permanent fix from Lenovo about this issue? Anyone solved this?

Thank you guys

Paper Tape
neurorider

For Lenovo stuff:

I think (not sure about the correct order) problem occurs when you close the lid, the sound beeps and then you remove the power cord....

Fanfold Paper
bu4man

Well, I had this problem many times and can confirm that sometimes it's not related to lid close. Buttons simply stops working when system is running.

While it's not a real problem in the most cases (just annoying), in some cases fan stops working and laptop becomes really HOT. 1 or 2 times I missed this and system was stopped when reached temperature of 90C.

Paper Tape
neurorider

:smileysad:((((((
well, that's a serious problem
:smileysad:((((((
Paper Tape
neurorider

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE LENOVO GUYS DON'T POST ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIOUS PROBLEMS.... :smileysad:
Fanfold Paper
bu4man

Because it's hard to reproduce this problem - I still don't know why and when it happens. Right now I have it (found that sound control doesn't work), but fan is working correctly.

Also had it 2 or 3 times for the last week. Before that I was happy to not have this problem during ~1 month.