Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
zlatil

Re: Hotkeys no longer working - ThinkPad Edge 14, Windows 7

Hello,

It seems that the problem is not so simple. I have the same one, but with the volume keys working. My brightness and microphone keys are not working. The only thing i did up tothis moment was to reinstall the driver for the hotkeys, but nothing hapened. Please help!

Paper Tape
bigfun

@helleste: I've downloaded older version using this page: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-76340 ( this is for Edge 13 which i have, but i'm sure there is simillar page for Edge 14 ) . At the bottom of this page there is a table with older versions, i've just used the second position there, downloaded it and run. It asked me if i'm sure that i want to install older version, 5 mins of installation, reboot, and all started to work.

What's DOS?
zlatil

Sorry, could you please be more specific - you installed an old version of the BIOS?

Paper Tape
bigfun

@zlatil - yes indeed. I'm pretty sure its not the best solution, but it worked for me and fixed my issues. And if you check fixes added in newest version of BIOS, you will see that there are only two changes, both not really important.

Fanfold Paper
helleste

I'm afraid that's not final solution. I had exactly the same problem with older versions of BIOS. You'll see after couple of weeks what will happen.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

I have a EDGE 14 running Win 7 Home Premium x64 with latest BIOS and Hotkeys however am unable to replicate the issue. The screen brightness, mic, wifi and volume keys work fine. Am unable to test the webcam one as this unit does not come with a webcam.

//JameZ

For those who are having this issue, have you tried doing a factory restore?

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
helleste

[ Edited ]

@JameZ

Yes I tried. I did complete recovery with Lenovo recovery disk but problem is still here. I also tried reset BIOS to default settings...still same problem...Only "solution" is update to newer version of BIOS but this helps only for few weeks..

Retired Employee
JameZ

@helleste,

Does your Lenovo recovery disk back up any other 3rd party software or is it a default Lenovo Recovery Media?

Do you have a retail version of Windows 7?

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
yotama9

Hi. 

I have the same issue (edge)

Does anyone know if lenovo try to find a solution? Is there a place I could check to find if lenovo has found a solution to the problem?

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

I have an EDGE 14 with me with the following spec.

MTM: 019924U
Proc: AMD Athlon II P320
BIOS: 2.15 (82ET75WW)
Power Manager: 3.40
GPU: ATi HD4250 - 8.722.0.0
Hotkey: Just update it via TVSU.

I can't seem to replicate the issue, do you remember what software you installed before you had this issue?

//JameZ