Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
kazoobers
Accepted Solution

How to turn off zoom feature on touchpad

I bought a E520. I am not liking the touchpad on this thing. It hangs up and does not respond a lot of times.

The biggest thing that irks me is that my screen will zoom in and out when I run my finger along the touchpad or when tapping it. I know you can use the "pinch" with two fingers to zoom in and out but mine will zoom with just a tap of one finger.

Someone must know how to disable the zoom feature. Can you describe in detail to me how to do that? I called Lenovo support about it and the guy said it might be a software or hardware problem and told me to take it into a repair facility. There must be a way in settings to turn that off. I just want the touchpad to work normally, as in move the cursor around.. thats it, nothing more.

Can someone help me with this??

DAF
802.11n
DAF

Re: How to turn off zoom feature on touchpad

[ Edited ]

In Control Panel go to Mouse -> UltraNav -> TouchPad Settings -> Application Gestures -> Pinch Zoom -> uncheck the Enable Pinch Zoom box. Enjoy!:smileyvery-happy: I did not like it either! You can fine tune all the touchpad features to your liking right there.

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64
Paper Tape
kazoobers

Thanks DAF!

What's DOS?
jojojo09

Thank you so much for answering this! It was driving me absolutely crazy!!