Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
kbacak

Re: Newest ThinkPad line - the Edge!

Hi, Roland!

Are you referring to Linux tweaking or Windows tweaking? If it's Windows, what did you do? I have an AMD 13" with 4-cell battery and I never reach more than 1hour and 30-50 minutes......

I think that with 6 cell battery I will not reach 3 hours.....

I am really disappointed....
Paper Tape
adrian_kx

The Edge w/ AMD ships with a broken ACPI table my intial though! this is still not fixed so i dont have cpu  frequency scalling.Actual 2 updates 1 bios upgrade and battery firmware upgrade fixed some things like extra buttons working and backlight brightness. Its so hard to make a correct _PSS entry for processor after AMD specifications? i have never seen problems BIOS related at HP or DELL on amd machines. IF u dont like AMD then dont make a half baked BIOS and then wait 2-3 years to get a proper BIOS upgrade couse u havent done it yet. My opinion is that u dont give a dam about costumers if product sells and most ppl dont notice the problem with BIOS flaws. To fail at the most basic stuff in computing i mean at BIOS come on! Thinkpad use to be a brand that spoke for itself now its not relieable anymore! Hope u provide BIOS fixes until cristmas it will be a nice suprise but until now i can say u dont know AMD .Your intel machines have proper BIOS so ur company is helping intel to get monopol, practicly forcing everyone to buy Intel since thats the only machines u seem to be able to build properly! Thanks in advance, hope ur company changes for the better ofc meaning better products!

BEST wishes to u ALL!!

Paper Tape
prider

My 14-inch model is a disaster. The keyboard  does not mesh with my dedicated indexing software.  The touchppad is useless. The horrid red button is only good for scratching the screen. The sound is inaudible. This would be a terriible personal madhine, but is horrid for business. My productivity has gone down 30%.

I understand Lenovo has only 4% of the USA computer market--I never before realized how intelligent the american consuming public can be. I will be saving for a tower madhine--much more difficult with the reduced income using a Lenove (dull)edge.

What's DOS?
tony-dsblinds

Hi Mark,

I am a new user for edge 420s, actually I was quite disappoint for my new computer.

The first one has charge problem, it must be open or I can't recharge.

So I return this one and get new after 7 days.

However, the new one I feel slow compared to last one. I need about 1 minute to begin but the old one I think take about 10 seconds. Something wrong?

Regards

Tony

Punch Card
clever_usr_name

tony-dsblinds

The only way an e420s is going to boot into windows 7 in anywhere near 10 seconds is if you opted for the SSD (a > $300 option) or the Rapid Drive (which is not currently not available in the USA). A near (but less than) 1 minute boot time with a standard HDD is pretty normal. 

What's DOS?
tony-dsblinds

Hi Mark,

My type e420s is with SSD , and it take about 1 minute to boost.

In first one, the one has bettery problem, is 10 seconds to boost. So I am wondering anything wrong.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Paper Tape
YaoBRC

hi Clever, where is Rapid Drive option offered? Does Hong Kong have this option? Why doesnt USA offer it? thanks!!
What's DOS?
jimpedge

Hi,

I hope you were able to get this resolved.  I have a new 420s with SSD and a label on the keyboard that says "Lenovo Enhanced Experience 2.0 RapidDrive".  Boot time is amazingly fast and probably around the 10 second mark.

The drop in speed on your replacement makes me wonder if they gave you an SSD?

Hope the best for you.  How frustrating.

Paper Tape
floridawriter

I received my e420s last week, 4 days ahead of the scheduled delivery date. Love the machine, installed an m-SATA as the C: drive and use the HHD as the data drive. It boots in 13 seconds and shuts down in 6 seconds. Great keyboard, 5 hours or more of battery time. very light weight and a great style. Thanks Lenovo!

e420s with 8 GB memory, 128g m-SATA, 320M HHD Intel advanced wireless.