Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
wrgf
Accepted Solution

Printer error on HP D2660

I have a Thinkpad R61i and two Thinkpad Edge 14 all running on Win 7 SP1.

I have a DP D2660 which works perfectly on the R61i but produces a printer error whenever I print heavy graphics on the D2660. Normal text prints ok.

I have tried the HP diagnostic tool and it says that all is fine (latest drivers etc) - but then the printing fails.

Any suggections?

ThinkPad R61i 7732-B6T
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 237

Re: Printer error on HP D2660

Are the edge 14's  running the same version driver as the r61i?  

If not, that could be the problem.

I had a problem with an hp printer where it worked fine and then it wanted to update the software, so I let it.  After it updated, certain functions wouldn't work any more.  hp wanted to download a patch and it would've cost me 60.00 us.  So, I searched hp's site and the older driver wasn't there.  So I had the laptop revert to the previous driver and everything worked again.   

I won't let it update itself anymore.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
wrgf

Re: Printer error on HP D2660

For information as someone else may have the problem - I found the answer in another forum:

"I'll assume these print drivers are  written by a company called Zenographics.  Uncheck "Enable Bidirectional  support" on the Port tab of the printer properties.  The language  monitor for the device requires a resource that the remote user does not  have  access to.  Unchecking the setting removes the language monitor from  the print path."        

ThinkPad R61i 7732-B6T