Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
wrgf
Accepted Solution

Printer error on HP D2660

I have a Thinkpad R61i and two Thinkpad Edge 14 all running on Win 7 SP1.

I have a DP D2660 which works perfectly on the R61i but produces a printer error whenever I print heavy graphics on the D2660. Normal text prints ok.

I have tried the HP diagnostic tool and it says that all is fine (latest drivers etc) - but then the printing fails.

Any suggections?

ThinkPad R61i 7732-B6T
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 347
Solutions: 233

Re: Printer error on HP D2660

Are the edge 14's  running the same version driver as the r61i?  

If not, that could be the problem.

I had a problem with an hp printer where it worked fine and then it wanted to update the software, so I let it.  After it updated, certain functions wouldn't work any more.  hp wanted to download a patch and it would've cost me 60.00 us.  So, I searched hp's site and the older driver wasn't there.  So I had the laptop revert to the previous driver and everything worked again.   

I won't let it update itself anymore.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Paper Tape
wrgf

Re: Printer error on HP D2660

For information as someone else may have the problem - I found the answer in another forum:

"I'll assume these print drivers are  written by a company called Zenographics.  Uncheck "Enable Bidirectional  support" on the Port tab of the printer properties.  The language  monitor for the device requires a resource that the remote user does not  have  access to.  Unchecking the setting removes the language monitor from  the print path."        

ThinkPad R61i 7732-B6T