Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
narenc

Random system freezing in E420

My system freezes randomly and out of the blue when I'm using it. It doesn't take any specific actions for this to happen, it just freezes randomly, sometimes when I'm browsing and sometimes when I'm doing something else. I've tried using Windows memory diagnostics tool and thinkvantage toolbox to scan the pc but no issues were found. I don't have any hardware upgrades except a 2GB RAM and diagnostics didn't show any problems with it either. My machine type is 1141-2MA and I'm running Win 7 Pro. When the system freezes, it doesn't recover or doesnt respond to ctrl+alt+del so I power it down by pressing and holding the power button. When I restart it, I don't get any error messages. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Random system freezing in E420

Anything in the Event Viewer?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
narenc

I can't seem to find any errors that can cause this kind of thing in the event viewer..but I'm no expert. Should I be looking for something specific?

What's DOS?
srikanthnv

@narenc: Could you ever find a fix for this issue? I have the same problem. I've been facing it on and off since I bought it ~6 months ago.

Blue Screen Again
narenc

never did...no info on this on any of the forums and i can't find anything wrong when i run diagnostics