Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
RegB

Sound issues

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help here.

I've had my thinkpad edge (E520) for approximately 2 months, and today the sound appears to have stopped working. All drivers are up to date, I have even tried uninstalling/reinstalling them and it says everything is working fine. The sound bar claims that sound is coming out but it most certainly is not!

It makes no sound on start up and doesn't even work through headphones. The sound quality has always been a little sketchy but as I didn't primarily get the laptop for playing videos and music (just the occasional ones) I never thought much of it.

Tried everything I can think of and even the "advice" on trouble shooting on the lenovo website, but no luck so far.

I hope someone can maybe give me some idea of what else I can try before I lose the will to live entirely!

Many thanks

Rachel

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

Re: Sound issues

in your sound playback property page, what your main sound playback device? the speakers?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
RegB

yes, its on fault as speakers

Fanfold Paper
RegB

default*
Guru
PeterTWJ

Welcome to Lenovo Community! :smileyvery-happy: Rachel

Chill, it's not worthy for such a small matter to lose the will to live entirely, life is precious. :smileyhappy:

1. Is your volume mute? Try toggling it.

2. Verify again using ThinkVantage System Update (Control Panel, Lenovo - Update and Drivers) and under optional, update BIOS if available.

3. If nothing else works, contact Tech Support, probably hardware issues.

If you want to improve your sound performance on your E520, you could probably click Dolby Home Theater v4 on my signature and you will be able to find out more about it.

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

Fanfold Paper
RegB

Hey,

Thanks for replying!

Yeh its not worth being that dramitic over was justannoying me haha.

Sadly I tried all of these things and nothing worked (was really hoping i was just being a bit special and there was a secret mute button, but no :smileysad:  ) So its been sent away for them to have a prodge with, though I was rather irritated to find that they were making me pay for postage to send it away when i havent done anything to it to make it break in the first place! It wasnt cheap i'll tell you that!  So now i'm on the warpath to have a complain about the postage fiasco lol

Hopefully get it back soon anyway.

Thanks again!

Rach