Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
bettasbetta

ThinkPad Edge E40 HSDPA module?

Dear All,

I am the proud owner of a Thinkpad Edge E40 (0578-CTO).  This is my first ever post on the lenovo community forum, so I'm a total noob, especially when it comes to the resources on the lenovo support site.

When I was looking into this model, I remember reading that it came with a slot to house a SIM card for a wireless connection, thus eliminating the need for usb modems and the like.  It was one of the reasons I bought this computer.

This summer I'll be staying at a house without phone and cable, so I'll need a wireless internet connection.  I'm trying to locate the HSDPA module (or SIM card slot, or whatever you wanna call it) on the laptop, but I can't find it.

I have downloaded manuals and documentation for this model, but they have been no help.

Can you guys help me figure this out?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: ThinkPad Edge E40 HSDPA module?

You can locate the SIM Card slot under battery, remove the battery and install  the SIM

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!