Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
nirx

ThinkPad Edge E520 problem with the new ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU)

I really hope somebody to offer here a solution for the following problem. Today morning I start the ThinkVantageSystem update to check for new versions of drivers. Till then i had the older version of System update 4.01... after I start it, the application told there is a new version and it must be installed and the program will now close and install the new version of TVSU - 4.03.0007. Well all OK..it was installed started checked and after I closed it. This evening I open it to see what it offers me among the optional updates and...crash! Message: "ThinkVantage system update has stopped working....windows is checking for a solution to the problem" ....and this is non-stop. I uninstall it, ccleaner, restarted after install and uninstall...nothing. All stays the same. I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Here are the complete details of the model I own.

Another question if somebody got a clue on this problem. Google chrome bugging on some videos in youtube (only some). It shows a black screen but the audio goes ok. Even when you hover the mouse on that black screen I can click on links or buttons inside. It is a kind of known bug and I searched a lot but nothing helped till the moment. Any suggestions?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: ThinkPad Edge E520 problem with the new ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU)

Kindly reinstall the ThinkVantage software and check as some internal software conflict has happen.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!