Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
gwampy

Re: ThinkPad Edge and E-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

Final resolution: Lenovo never did get back to me. Luckily I paid with PP and have turned the matter over to their resolution center to get a refund.I'm not going to mess with Lenovo any more, will never buy another Lenovo product again, and have recommended to 5 of my friends to stay away from Lenovo, who in turn will most likely tell 5 of their friends. I see many other people here in the forum with Lenovo support problems. In the end I don't think Lenovo investors will be happy when sales start to fall, I would think at that point heads will roll within Lenovo corporate. I also wrote my review on the site I bought this from and it is the truth. So I guess all I can say to Lenovo owners is good luck, and if the day comes you have to deal with Lenovo support you will need all the luck you can get. I'm already looking at another laptop for myself from another manufacturer and will give this one to one of my kids, if they break it it will just go in the trash. I wish things were different. I wish Lenovo's support was as decent as their computers.Like I said before, a computer coming out of the box new makes up only 50% of it's quality, to me the other 50% is all about customer support.
Serial Port
andrewbaxter

In the interest of posting a positive shipping experience, I'll chime in!

- Ordered ThinkPad on October 5th

- Delivered on October 12th

One complaint would be to FedEx who saw fit to beat the left side of the box in, but luckily no damage was done.

And last week I posted a review of this ThinkPad E425, mostly thumbs up, though the E420 is a better buy IMHO.

Paper Tape
green1111

Well here it is December and the situation is if anything worse.

I spent many hours researching laptops on Lenovo's website.  Finally deciding on the Edge E520.  The web page displayed a ship date in about a week.  While completing my order form, on the last page, I'm informed the ship date will be in two months. HAHA. I thought it must be a joke or something.  Three days latter it still said two months.  I called and cancelled my order.  I had to call twice before I got a confirming email.  I found the same configuration on a trusted web site I have used many times (newegg.com).  Six hours after placing my order I received an email informing me my order had shipped and giving me a UPS tracking number.  It was also quite a bit cheaper.  I used the savings to buy the extra two years of warranty.

What's DOS?
mcwhopperjr

Ordered an e420 during cyber monday sales (11/28).  Est. shipping time was 12/7/11 then changed to 12/09/11 and now 01/01/12!! I was really hoping to have it shipped by now.  The Lenovo chat respondant told me estimated shipping day is 12/10/12, which is tomorrow.  Hope I'll be seeing the confirmation within a few days max.

Punch Card
Prava

[ Edited ]

Stay clear of Lenovo UK / Digital River! I ordered a ThinkPad Edge e525 on January 29th. The website stated that shipping was estimated within 1-2 weeks, but I never received any communication from Lenovo / Digital River about the estimated shipping date of my order. The order status was always just "order in process". After one week I called Digital River and was told that the shipping of my order was scheduled within 2 days (February 8th). Obviously after 2 days nothing happened and I didn't receive any kind of communication. I called again and was told that the shipping of my order had been delayed and now was scheduled for the end of February. Apparently the factory was waiting for the stocking of some element. The laptop that I had ordered had absolutely *basic* features, and this means that Lenovo normally sells things that doesn't have in stock. I said that I wished to cancel my order at once, and was told that it was OK as the money had not jet been taken from my Paypal account. I checked out my Paypal account and I found out that the payment had been *completed* on the same day in which I had placed my order. I called Digital River again and nobody was able to tell me when I would have been refunded. STAY CLEAR, THEY ARE SCAMMERS.

Paper Tape
Dunderball

Ordered an edge e420 during a late-ish afternoon on Friday Feb 3rd, and was finally built and shipped on Tues Feb 14.  That's about 6-7 business days not counting the Friday.

Got a scheduled delivery date for the following Monday, Feb 20th, but was held in customs that day as well as the previous Friday.  It was released from customs very late Monday, and received the laptop Tues, Feb 21st.

So overall, took me about two and a half weeks on the calendar to receive a laptop.  If I had known a little earlier, I probably would've gone into a best buy since this was sort of an impulse purchase on my part.  I've heard worse horror stories so mine isn't so bad in comparison.

In all honesty, Lenovo should really just have a stock pile of configurations pre-built so that buyers don't need to wait a week to have it "built".  Mine was customized but there was nothing out of the ordinary that a normal consumer would not go for (webcam, bluetooth, etc).

Hopefully I don't have any problems with it when I get home.

What's DOS?
momspubis

Ordered an Edge E430 on July 11th. I figured that would be enough time to receive it and set it up before I have to leave town on the 26th, but for some reason it took a week to ship the machine, even though I made no changes to the default configuration when ordering. It's now the 21st and it's stuck in customs in Kentucky, so I have no idea whether I'll be able to leave town when I had intended to. I should have just ordered from Newegg; I can't think of any conceivable reason why it would take a week to ship a laptop with a completely standard configuration.

Punch Card
nwaves

[ Edited ]

E530 3259CTO. Order placed on 6/7/2012 estimated ship date 6/12. Shipped on 6/14, delivered on 6/20. 

First impressions, chiclet keyboard sucks, new touchpad without buttons sucks, Lenovo Solutions for small business keep wanting to update itself even though I updated it 10 times already, Thinkvantage System Update says Rapidboot needs updating but fails to download, Lenovo Solution Center backup section says I can download OneKey Recovery Pro but when trying to download it forwards me to the consummer website and where my serial number is invalid!?! 

Paper Tape
ahn195

[ Edited ]

@momspubis:

At least yours has shipped.  I ordeed on June 30 and mine still has not.  I too ordered a stock model (though with the larger battery).  It was supposed to ship Friday.  When it did not, I called support and was told that it would ship today at the latest , and that I would be placed in a priority queue (which it seem is something they just say to placate people).  The estimated shipping date is now Monday, and I can't call anybody because the post-sales support is not open on the weekends. I will be calling first thing Monday morning to cancel this order and will not ever buy from Lenovo again.

What's DOS?
vanmald

I will pile on with my displeasure.  I ordered on 6/27/2012 and specifically asked if I would receive my computer by 7/13.  I need it for a 10 day business trip.  I was assured that I would definitely receive it by then as there was plenty of wiggle room even if there were delays with shipping.  Well...  you guessed it... Lenovo shipped over a week late and now my E530 is stuck in customs in Louisville.  Who knows how long it will be stuck waiting for Lenovo documentation.  Ugh.  Never buying from Lenovo again.  I guess Lenovo just doesn't care.  They figure if they make good products, people will buy anyway.  I will go with Dell next time as their customer service is much better.  The only reason I didn't order from Dell was because their battery died much quicker than it should have and the computer tends to run hot (Studio 15).  Anyway, here is the scan:

Location Date Local Time Activity

Louisville, KY, United States07/12/201212:11 P.M.Import Scan
 07/12/201211:56 A.M.This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.
 07/12/201211:17 A.M.Additional Clearing Agency information or documentation is required for clearance. / Brokerage released shipment. Shipment is submitted to Clearing Agency for further clearance.
 07/12/201210:57 A.M.This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.
Louisville, KY, United States07/11/20126:39 A.M.Additional Clearing Agency information or documentation is required for clearance.
 07/11/20121:35 A.M.Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States07/10/20123:47 P.M.Departure Scan
 07/10/20122:35 P.M.Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China07/10/20129:27 P.M.Departure Scan
 07/10/20127:16 P.M.Export Scan
 07/10/20127:16 P.M.Origin Scan
China07/10/20126:06 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS