Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

ThinkPad Edge15 – strange problem, may be keyboard or something else

I am using Edge15 laptop for last one month. It is a new computer & just purchased. I am facing a strange problem with the laptop. The volume control, camera control, dispaly brightness control screens are automatically appearing & sequentially. After this event, I am unable to use the keypad and if I press "A", it is typing another / different script or language letter. I am struggling because of this issue. I have even contacted the Lenovo technical support and not receiving sufficient support. Initially they guided wrongly to use the PC Doctor for Edge 13. No use...ultimately I found a correct file for Edge15. Spent about 5 hrs and run the diagonisis. All tests were passed. Next day contacted again the Lenovo support tem and mentioned the results. Then they sent the recovery CD. Again spend about 5 hours for factory recovery. Even after that, the problem remains as earlier.

Am I the only one facing this problem? Please share if any of you faced the same issue & later on solved it. At the moment, I am not satisfied with laptop performance and wasting lot hours. I would appreciate some light for this issue........

Paper Tape
adverte

Re: ThinkPad Edge15 – strange problem, may be keyboard or something else

Hi, I have similar problem. ThinkPad Edge 15. Don't work combinations FnF4-FnF12, but F1-F12 is work correctly. Keyboard diagnostic tool (interactive test in ThinkVantage ToolBox) indicate only FnF1-FnF3 combination. But then instead of FnF10 indicate F10. Can anybody help me?

Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

Re: ThinkPad Edge15 – strange problem, may be keyboard or something else

As I can see lot of people viewed this thread but not much response. However the same issue floating in another thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge/thinkpad-edge-15-keyboard-problem/m-p/483761#M4184