Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
jaymaharaj
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad E420 (1141-DTQ) Bluetooth Issue

I'm having a problem while installing the bluetooth driver for this model...halfway through the installation, I get the error msg "No Bluetooth device detected". I'm installing this driver which I found in the Lenovo Support website: "Bluetooth with Enhance Data Rate Software II" ver 6.4.0.2900 from this link:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-77467

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
Please advise on this matter. 

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Re: Thinkpad E420 (1141-DTQ) Bluetooth Issue

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/e420_e520_ug_en.pdf

Hi jaymaharaj and welcome to the community,

Hitting F9 should show a window that will turn bluetooth on or off.

Page 42 on the user guide shows bluetooth functions.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
jaymaharaj

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave
First off...thanks for your response!
However that doesn't solve my problem. The thing is I just cannot install the drivers for the bluetooth device. It always pops up the message "No bluetooth device detected" midway through the installation.
What's more confusing is that after installing all the other drivers,there were no more "Unknown Device(s)" in the Device Manager that could have been the bluetooth device.Is that entry hidden or something?
I'm at a loss trying to figure it out.Please help.

Season's greetings!

Jay 

topmahof

Bluetooth shows up in two places in Device Manager.  First in an alphabetic entry called Bluetooth radios and again under network adapters.

If I turn off my bluetooth using the Hotkeys,  all the bluetooth entries disappear from Device Manager.

Your wireless switch has to be on and it has to be turned on using Hotkeys.

Pressing F9, does a window pop up showing your wireless?

How about downloading  the driver, not installing it? Then trying the F9.

(You are sure your machine actually has Bluetooth, right)?

Happy Holidays,

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
gauravmarathe

[ Edited ]

HI Jaymaharaj

I faced the same problem. After struggling for an almost day or two i found the following solution.

Whatever Dave is saying is also right . But from your question it seems that you are having problem when installing bluetooth driver software.

Before installing bluetooth driver software please download and install "ThinkVantage System Update" from the following link: (choose your OS and click on download)

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73695

The above installation will restart your machine two - three times. After installing above update press F9 that will list wireless radios , click on individual controls button there you can find a logical switch to turn on bluetooth, so turn it on

After that start your bluetooth driver i.e. "Bluetooth with Enhance Data Rate Software II" installation . I'm sure it will work. if you face any problem post a reply to this thread.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Fanfold Paper
jaymaharaj

[ Edited ]

Gaurav...even after installing the update, pressing F9 doesn't bring up the wireless radios nor does it help to install the driver!

Dave...yes I checked with the support staff...it does have bluetooth!

Dave & Gaurav..from your replies I note that pressing F9 should bring up the list of wireless radios.This however doesn't happen on my laptop...it just turns on and off the WLAN...and unless that happens I presume I won't be able to turn "on" the bluetooth radio so that it's actually "detected".

What exactly am I missing??
Please note that I have already installed the "Hotkey Features Integration" driver.

Thanks in advance..
Jay 

topmahof

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-4GXPEG

This has to go with the Hotkeys.  Did you install this one also?

Dave

Fanfold Paper
jaymaharaj

Yes...I got this one too.
Fanfold Paper
jaymaharaj

Anyone???
Fanfold Paper
gauravmarathe

[ Edited ]

Hi Jay,

I hope you have strictly followed steps and those too in sequence.

It's getting complicated now, can you please send me steps in screenshot starting from pressing F9 on your laptop what all you get and whatever you have been doing on that.? this will explain me your problem more in detail.

We'll try sort it out.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it