Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Ehsantl
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad Edge 14 Bluescreen - Can not find the cause

Hi

I've got my new Thinkpad Edge 14 around 2 weeks ago! It worked pretty good for few days and then suddenly Blue Screen appeared and it got restarted! I'm not sure it's related or not but the day before that I upgraded Windows 7 with latest patches and updates!!

After first Bluescreen it started to restart and/or shows the bluescreen every few minutes. I also got bluescreen in safemode.

I tried to restore it to before updating points but it didn't help at all. Then I tried to use restoring to factory setting by pressing F11 and it tried to install the windows again but windows didn't come up even for the first time and it freezed! no I can't even get to windows or use factory recovery. I called the customer service and the guy told me to run Lenovo Diagnostic software which I did but it couldn't find any error with Harddrive ro Ram!?

I really don't know what to do next....

Maliha

Re: Thinkpad Edge 14 Bluescreen - Can not find the cause

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try the recovery discs (if you created them):- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4VFUDU.html#recoverycd

If you didn't make the discs, then contact lenovo support, usually they send it for free in situations like yours, if not, then you can ask them to have a look at your system.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
Ehsantl

Re: Thinkpad Edge 14 Blueberries - Can not find the cause

Thanks for reply.

I called leno support today and after a very long conversation with one of the operators, he accepted to send me a recovery media! (hopefully he will!?) and I should wipe/erase my hard drive before using the recovery disc. Hopefully it will help and everything is gonna be fine.

But I'm still concern about why this happened? I used the laptop for few days and then bang bluescreen. Is it gonna happen again again? I didn't have so much information on the laptop but know I'm not sure next time it's gonna haunt me when and where! I'm suspicious it might be hardware problem! coz lenovo diagnostic couldn't find any error does it mean it's absolutely isn't related to hardware?

Maliha

Ehsantl wrote:

I'm suspicious it might be hardware problem! coz lenovo diagnostic couldn't find any error does it mean it's absolutely isn't related to hardware?

No, it doesn't mean that. Once you get yourself a working OS, we'll try to troubleshoot this together :smileyhappy:

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
Ehsantl

Thanks for reply.

Today I got the DVDs in the post. And I ran the recovery process. and now I've the windows 7 pretty much like when I got the laptop for the first time. Can u guide me how can I check the system now? is it gonna crash after a few days and why? therer few updates found by lenovo Thinkvantage software but I'm not sure should I go for it or just leave it as it is.

Cheers

Maliha

ThinkVantage updates are usually safe to install, it's the Windows device driver updates that you should be wary of. I only install security updates and never install any device driver updates from MS, I only use drivers from lenovo, this way I seldom run into problems.

To test the system, run System Stress Test via ThinkVantage Toolbox, it's under Diagnostics -> System Stress Test.

Let us know how it goes.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
Ehsantl

I ran the tests last night and it didn't find any error. I tried a couple of Lenovo's updates and no sign of error yet! :smileyhappy:

Hopefully that nightmare won't happen again!

Maliha

Awesome!

Try to stay away from the device driver updates provided by Windows, only install security updates. Sounds like it was some device driver update from MS that caused this.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel