Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mmkader85

Thinkpad Edge 14 Keyboard Key Shift+r not working

Hi,

Im having Thinkpad Edge 14 running in intel i3 and windows 7 professional (32-bit).. Im having a weird problem since i bought this..

When i press Shift+r to put in a capital R in notepad / word / any other typing places it is not showing up immediately as like other keys.. i need to press and hold shift+r for around 3 secs for this to key in.. does anyone have problems of this kind and got it resolved..?

any help please...

Thanks..

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mmkader85

Re: Thinkpad Edge 14 Keyboard Key Shift+r not working

any help ?
topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 327
Solutions: 223

[ Edited ]

sounds like a bad keyboard to me.  you might want to give service a ring.  they might just send you a new keyboard.  does it do it with both shift keys?  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mmkader85

thanks for your time topmahof.. im sure, its not keyboard fault.. bcoz, the key 'r' is working fine.. except that if i try keyin shift+r for capital letter, it is not getting typed faster.. i need to press and hold it for around 3-5 secs..

im using lappy in-built keyboard.. no external.. i suspect it is somehow related to any shortcut key..
topmahof

[ Edited ]

you wouldn't happen to have an external keyboard would you?  if it is related to a shortcut key or a software problem, then the problem should show up on an external keyboard coz the settings would be the same, i would think.   does it do it with either shift key? 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
topmahof

there is an interactive test in thinkvantage toolbox that you could test the keys with.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mmkader85

Yes, it happens with both shift keys.. i will try the interactive test and keep you posted..
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mmkader85

Interactive test success for all keys.. including both 'shift' and 'r' key.. if i hold shift and press 'r' in interactive test, it is showing R instantly.. but when it comes to outside the interactive test (notepad, web browser) problem with shift+r stills exists..