Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
hgschauff

Re: Touchpad

I have the same problem (14 inch, Intel core duo i3, Win 7 64 from  best buy).  Track pad jumps around, etc. Not good!  Thered  track point in the middle works fine, but I find it annoying.

GIVE US A FIX, PLEASE!

rmc
Paper Tape
rmc

We have 13.3" Intel su7300  with 32 bit  Win 7.  Touchpad works OK as mouse, but virtually none of multi-touch features work. Zoom and scroll work intermittently, but no where near as smooth as multitouch on my ASUS 1000H.  Extremely happy with everything else, but disappointed this feature doesn't really work.

Fanfold Paper
chauhanvineet

Yes there is something definitely wrong with the touchpad..The tap(click) doesn't work sometime...also the pointer does not move at all.

The red trackpoint works well...Please its needs a fix....

Punch Card
xe77

[Edge E30, Machine Type 0197-26U, Windows 7 (NT 6.1) x64 - Lenovo Base Install]

I also have the same issue. It's almost like it just goes dead - sometimes it will register a bit of motion. I do believe it has something to do with heat as I seem to only encounter it when the palm rest is warm from the CPU. Might it be only heat sensitive? The trackpoint is unaffected so it is not the CPU load, or application at fault, and I doubt it is the OS (but could be the Lenovo drivers).

It isn't the multi-touch, as I've disabled all the multi-touch features. (They were causing other issues - partially from my lack of practice with the touchpad, honestly, and from pressing too firmly at times as it only seems to respond in a certain range around where you set the pressure setting in the software.)

I have to say that in my opinion, this is a design flaw or a limitation in the touchpad which Lenovo should be responsible to address. (I'll bring up my CPU fan issues in another thread - makes an odd buzzing noise that I haven't heard from a notebook fan before.)

[Lenovo Edge 13, Type 0197-26U w/ 4 GB RAM]
Fanfold Paper
ThinkTop

I dont know if the issues are related, but Ive had the best buy model for close to a month now and initially had some touchpad issues. The first few days when trying to setup and use the tapzones the touchpad would stop functioning. No tapping, no scrolling and Id get an error saying the driver had failed (I believe, don't really remember). Since disabling the zones feature it has worked fine. I did have the usb problem, but the bios update fixed that. So to anyone with problems, are you using the zones feature? Turning it off might help. At least until a proper solution is worked out.
Paper Tape
jrlmiller

Think Pad Edge Track Pad

Got an Edge yesterday and it worked great until late today.  The pointer is stuck, the track pad does not work.  Called tech and tried system restore.  Have plugged in an old Trackball and it works. Help?

Punch Card
xe77

Re: Think Pad Edge Track Pad

My best guess is that the trackpad ribbon connected is partially unseated. Download the Hardware Service Manual and disassemble to the point where you remove the keyboard and then re-seat the smaller-width flat plastic ribbon'"cable". It's only a few screws to access it.

[Lenovo Edge 13, Type 0197-26U w/ 4 GB RAM]
Serial Port
TEMPEST

The above mentioned Hardware Maintenance Manual might be useful for everyone to have.  It is located at:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-39298

What's DOS?
mirfab

I bouth 2 Edge units 2 weeks ago and have the same problem on the both !

It's exactly the same symptom : after few minutes, the touchpad freezes and moves very slowly...

As I have exactly the same problem, I call hotline in France and tought that problem was known... but no.

They ask me to install a sowfware, but it's not efficient...

It's very strange to haven't issue from Lenovo. It's the 1st time I bought this brand for my company, thinking it was a serious brand, but I have some doubt now....

Lenovo ? Please help us quickly !

Fanfold Paper
chauhanvineet

LENOVO...PLZZZZ

Give us a fix of this please or recall all your Thinkpad Edge laptops...