Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
anne1231

Re: Touchpad

Yes this happened to me two, couple of times already.

The trick for me is restarting it or putting it into sleep then it will resolve. Probably some driver  issues. It doesn't bother me that much. IT only happens when I keep my edge working the whole day. Track pad had no issues, the ball acts up on me. 

A recall? hmmm.. probably a firm ware will do.. please HURRY

Paper Tape
bobcat

My week-old Edge 14 (best buy, Intel i3, Win 7 64 bit, 4 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive), has the same touchpad problems.  I've adjusted the sensitivity settings and updated the drive, without improvement.  Problem starts shortly after turning on computer, with minimal use - email, internet and general set up.  Trackpoint works o.k., but the touchpad is the warmest part of the laptop, so it's uncomfortable to use the trackpoint. Very disappointed in this otherwise wonderful machine.  I previously returned a 13" edge purchased elsewhere because of the heat below the left palmrest. If there's any chance of a fix I would keep the machine, but it looks like I'll have to return it.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 270
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Try the touchpad/trackpoint driver, or we call it UltraNav driver which was released in 31st May in this Lenovo Support & Download page. Download the driver according to your machine brand, whether ThinkPad Edge 13, 14, or 15.

I'd like to share with you that front the look at your feedbacks, it's not easy to tell the real root cause unless you can share more detailed info such as

1. Machine Brand (eg. ThinkPad Edge 13, 14, or 15)
  2. Machine Type Model (e.g. 0197-RZ6)
  3. Operating System (e.g. Win 7 Pro 64bit)
  4. Bios version (can check it out by going into BIOS during system startup)
  5. How long has the machine been turned on before the issue started to happen?
  6. What were you doing or what programs were running before the issue happened?
  7. How you temporarily fix it? By system reboot? Or turn system to sleep and wake up later?

Cheers,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
ThinkTop

I installed the Ultranav update via windows update, date published for it was listed as 5/21. It made my one finger scroll function unresponsive to the point I had to come in firm from the right handside to make it work. I have the bestbuy model, w7 pro 64 bit and the latest bios update. Adjusting the settings didnt help, did a system restore to undo the driver install.

Fanfold Paper
chauhanvineet

Installing the recent touchpad/utlranav is not fixing the issue , looks like its a hardware design fault. 

The way the touchpad is been designed.

What's DOS?
panetrez

Trackpad temporarily frozen when resuming from sleep

I have a brand new Edge 14 and everytime my Windows 7 resumes from sleep, I can't use the Trackpad for about 5 seconds.  After 5 seconds, I'm able to use the Trackpad again normally.  I believe this is a driver/application issue because I installed a fresh copy of Win 7 on the same laptop (dual boot) and the fresh Windows install doesn't have this issue, but the stock Lenovo Windows 7 does have the issue.  Thoughts?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Trackpad temporarily frozen when resuming from sleep

Panetrez,

That's helpful - could be something related to power manager since most people on this thread report that it happens after about 15 mins.  So, are we looking at symptoms that are tied to suspend, or just use for some time?  Seems a bit different than the first posts on the thread, but perhaps related...

Could everyone confirm that they are running on battery or AC?   Perhaps also try going into power manager and try the "Timers off" presentation mode and see what happens?

Chauhanvineet,

I'm not sure I agree that this is likely a hardware issue since the time to occurence changes, and Panetrez's experience suggest that with same hardware, two different bahaviors are evident - whether preload / drivers or clean Win 7 and drivers.

Hopefully we'll get a bit more feedback here to help our engineers look into this further.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
mirfab

I have still problem with my 2 edge machines. Same symptom since the beginning (more than 1month)...NO ISSUE !

I called servicing in France and they ask me to resend machines to change Palmrest ?... but I cannot send a unit and work without computer !

I cannot think that Thinkpad servicing was never seen a computer with this problem.... I don't beleive that !

Please make a pick up of one available machine and solve the problem definitvly!

Paper Tape
wannabeartist

Hello,

I'm having trouble with trackpad as well - on Edge 15.

Tapping works, but 2-finger scroll works only randomly and causes freezes.

I can't install the suggested update, I'll get this error:

"

CreateProcess failed; code 740
The requested operation requires elevation.

CreateProcess failed; code 740The requested operation requires elevation."

Punch Card
xe77

I think I may have solved the trackpad issue to some degree. It seems that when the trackpad isnt working, it actually still is. What I've found is that the scrolling area becomes the regular touchpad input and the area around it is non-functional. If you open the task manager and end task on the synaptics processes, the trackpad suddenly starts working normally (albeit without the advanced features).

Looks like a software fix is required here...

[Lenovo Edge 13, Type 0197-26U w/ 4 GB RAM]