Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
fanibou

Re: Touchpad

How did you convince them to replace it? Did you have to send it back to them a couple of times? I have had a different problem with my Edge420 (1141 CTO) and have sent it back TWICE and the problems have still not been fixed. I have tried everything, ran all of diagnostics, but the problem cannot be found or fixed and obviously they don't know how to fix it. So I called back today and asked to replace it and was told that someone will call me back within two business days.

I am afraid they will have me send it back, but honestly I cannot trust them anymore. I cannot understand what they will do differently this time around and frankly afford to not have a laptop for another few days or months.. because this can keep going on for a long time. Any advice would help.
Thank you
What's DOS?
harizhusni

hello. i just bought my ideapad Y470 a few months ago and this touchpad problem keep haunting me. Sometimes it cannot be detected by the device manager at all, but only after a "few" restart, it can work again. wonder why this problem could happen.  I've tried to do update the driver, but nothing change. So, any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Paper Tape
fearfactor

Lenovo E125 touchpad

[ Edited ]

Hello.
I started having problems with the touchpad on my Lenovo E125 when I updated the driver 1 july 2012 with Lenovo System Update. Touchpad does not respond to the touch after switching from sleep or from hibernation. Driver version: Thinkpad Ultranav Driver 16.1.1.0

Where can I find a previous version of the driver?

Paper Tape
fearfactor

Re: Lenovo E125 touchpad

Is there anyone alive?

Paper Tape
joshuass

You should be able to uninstall the driver from the Device Manager.

I uninstalled the new one that the updater put on, and surprisingly, the old one was being used again!

If you try this and it doesn't work I think I have the name of the installer for the previous release. You should be able to download it from the same place as the new one.

You can also try and rollback to a previous restore point, or search the web for the Ultranav version you previously were using. A bunch of other sites have the driver, and most of the time, they don't rename the installer. Thus, you could verfiy that it came from the Lenovo by trying to download it from Lenovo (the same way as getting the current version--just replacing the name of the file).

Paper Tape
fearfactor

[ Edited ]

The problem is that I do not know what driver version was before the upgrade. On Lenovo site is only the latest driver. The last restore point is made more than five months ago, if I was restored to it, I pretty much lose. Is there Lenovo employee with access to the Lenovo FTP (or another resource) with different versions of system software?

Paper Tape
Dagavie

I am facing the same issue on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

In Linux Mint 13 the touchpad is always working.

Only in Windows after about 10-15 min and after Standby the Touchpad doesn't react in Windows. 

The Click is still working. The Trackpoint also works well. 

When I open the UltraNav application to check the regions settings, you can see in the program window, that the touchpad is actually recognizing my finger movement, but the mouse-pointer doesn't move at all.

Thats a very strange problem, but obviously no hardware problem, as it works well under Linux.

Help is appreciated.

My Specs: Thinkpad Edge S430, 8GB Ram, Intel Core i7, 128Gb Samsung SSD, 500Gb Hitachi Drive.

Punch Card
greenwoods

I have similar situation.

All trackpad, touchpad and keyboard sometimes are unfunctional after boot up. If  I reboot, everything goes fine.

My configuration is 

E530, i7-3612QM, 4G DDR, 500G HDD. Bought it one month ago.

Paper Tape
Dagavie

With the new available Ultranav driver version 16.2.5.0 from July the problem is solved for me! I have no more issues!

802.11n
CharlyAR

I experienced similar issues with a E420s (Intel i5). Purely random. Looked kind of software related.

But I don't own it anymore.

If I helped you, please give me some kudos! ^^