Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Dagavie
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad Edge S430 Core i7 Thunderbolt Device

I was wondering about the Thunderbolt device as there are no drivers at the support page and even the Solution Center/System Update Utility doesn't recognize the Thunderbolt device. As so it isn't listed in the Windows Device Manager. I made sure that it is activated in the Bios (Thunderbolt Enabled).
When I plug in a second display via a Display-Port to DVI Adapter, the second screen is not recognized. So I guess the device/driver isn't even installed. Sadly I don't have another Thunderbolt device to test its functionallity.

I try to buy the apple thunderbolt to firewire 800 adapter. Does anyone know if it will work with non-apple thunderbolt implementations?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, 
David

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Re: Thinkpad Edge S430 Core i7 Thunderbolt Device

Hey Dagavie,

I believe that Thunderbolt is part of package and that is why you don't find as a stand alone download. What you can do is try uninstalling the video drive and installing the latest version.

Here is the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Also the device itself could need its own driver that you would have to get from the company its from. Like the monitor your try to connect.

Being as apple doesn't like to play well with others I can guess it wont work but this is just a guess and not a fact.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
What's DOS?
Triptronic

Did you try the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire cable? Did it work with the s430?

Thanks, T.

What's DOS?
johanrg

Still nobody knows or?
Paper Tape
Dagavie

I ordered the adapter today. I will let you know if it works!

Paper Tape
Dagavie

IT WORKS!!! I just received my Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter and connected it with a RME Fireface 800 Audiointerface. ASIO Low Latency is perfect and the recording also works flawless!

The Device is recognized as a standard OHCI LSI IEEE 1394-Controller in Windows!
The Pity is I forgot to order a HDMI Adapter for my second screen, which was connected via thunderbolt before.

sarbin

@Dagavie...

Thanks for coming back to post your success update. :smileyhappy:

It seems that Triptronic offered the best advice. If you agree, please consider marking that post as the solution.

Regards.

Community Resources: Participation RulesImages in postsSearchPrivate MessagingEspañolDeutsche
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it as the Solution.
Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Yoga2ProT420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee.