Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
stodulskim

Thinkpad e420s DVD/USB issues, motherboard?

Hi,

I have posted this before already about having an issue with USB port. The memory stick inserted into the port takes very long time until it is picked up by PC. I went thru solutions like BIOS update and driver updates and even run the system diagnostics and no error was shown. Once I updated the bios and restarted the system the memory stick worked fine. Today I inserted it into the port and the issue reappeared. In computer the green bar on the top kept on loading for 5 min until I was able to access the files found on the memory key. Is it the faulty motherboard or what could be wrong?It is still under the warranty and it is the replacement machine as I had e320 before and the motherboard went after 15 days. Also today I was trying to install a game on the machine and this was the first time I was using the DVD drive to install software directly from the DVD. The startup was quick and going through the menu was working fine (it was a DVD that came with the gaming magazine). Once I selected the required software and pressed the install button the drive kept on spinning and spinning and making this loud noise and I was asked for the permission to proceed after 4 and a half minute..Is this normal?Does anyone have the same issue as me? Please help cause I am after deinstalling the driver from the system then rebooting the system and the issue is still happening.

Also every application when the system is started takes ages to load up, this includes word, Google chrome, adobe reader etc.. 

If you think of the solution a great thanks upfront

Thanks

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Thinkpad e420s DVD/USB issues, motherboard?

Hello Stodulskim,

As I understand there are issues with the laptop.

You have already updated the BIOS and drivers so I suggest you to reinstall the Operating System and check if the laptop works fine,

If the issue continues then you need to contact the support center and get the service case log.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
stodulskim

Re: Thinkpad e420s DVD/USB issues, motherboard?

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already rang the customer service about the case and I was also advised to reinstall the OS Win 7 as the man on the phone said it could have been corrupted system and once I reinstall the system it will work fine then. Yeah I will ring them and open up a case just for sake.