Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
bodsham

Re: Solved all touchpad problems by installing Synaptics reference driver

Lenovo have posted a new ultranav driver for the Thinkpad Edge 13. It's even WORSE than the one before. Won't be buying from this company again.

Back to installing the old driver from the Synaptics site

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Touchpad

[ Edited ]

Post from customer has been moved to another thread as customer is using T410 and not EDGE.

edit comment - change comment to avoid confusion

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Touchpad

The moved above is only for a customer's comment as customer is using T410 and is having issue with the TouchPad.

This issue for the EDGE TouchPad is currently still ongoing and engineering is still investigating on this issue.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

bodsham,

Can you confirm that the synaptics driver referenced in this previous post resolves the symptoms for you?

Since we've been unable to conclusively replicate the symptoms here, this is helpful to know.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Blue Screen Again
bodsham

It certainly improved things. But then the Lenovo update app downloaded a brand new driver with a 15 series on it. And that was worse than anything that went before  - I'd assumed because it was brand new and came from Lenovo it would be an imnprovement.

Paper Tape
sil3nt

I still have the problems with my Toucpad on EDGE 13" :-(. I think i will have to send it to service. When i have activated both touchpad and trackpoint. The buttons are behaving strangely. When i deactivate one of them, everything is fine except for the touchpad tap which doesn't work. I think, there is some problem in BIOS.

Fanfold Paper
dhardie

I also have an EDGE 13, on contacting Lenovo support 13/08/2010 the support team indicated no knowledge of the issue & had me do irrelevant checks.

I ignored the support team as I could see them being a waste of time I held out for driver updates. The synaptics driver helped a bit but I still found the Touchpad to have a sticky (temperamental) quality.

After the Lenovo Touchpad update of 07/07/2010 the Touchpad is now almost unusable. A good way to recreate the issue would be for Lenovo to try the Trackpoint & then immediately the Touchpad, the Touchpad gives the same non responsive sticky responsive on first touch that I get on a frequent basis when trying to use the Touchpad.

Please Lenovo recognise that these laptops are marketed to professionals and are not cheap, basic functions like the Touchpad need to be operational, I cannot afford to spend time talking to people who don't know the products or to send the product off when it needs to be used, unless you have a guaranteed fix and acknowledge an issue.
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

sil3nt,

This really seems a driver issue to me, based on the collective experiences described here - including the reports that things are better / worse depending which drivers are being used.

dhardie,

Point well made.  JameZ has escalated this case and it is being reviewed by engineering.

We will follow up and see what can be done to get this resolved quickly as I can see that this is important to many customers and has been going on for a while.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
lukeg199

Thanks for addressing this issue.  I know i will be eagerly awaiting a solution.  

Paper Tape
Scarface

Anyone from Lenovo checking this? My machine was sent back, keyboard replaced as well as top cover - no difference.

If I install Ubuntu, can I get some money back?