Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
lukeg199

Re: Solved all touchpad problems by installing Synaptics reference driver

Is this issue any closer to being resolved?  I rolled back my driver to the one listed on the Synaptics website and am ignoring the computer wanting to update the driver to the most recent one.  This seems to have improved the situation.  Honestly, i just used a friend's macbook the other day and nearly unloaded this brand new lenovo computer.  Their trackpads are unbelievable usable and almost feel like an extension of my fingers. With the Lenovo trackpad, i can hardly two-finger scroll a couple line breaks on the page and before i know it, im at the bottom of the page. 

Fanfold Paper
dhardie

JameZ can you update us please? Ive got a month of travelling ahead of me and getting increasingly frustrated by the difficulty in using the device, any information please?

Blue Screen Again
bodsham

Same here. I have to go on a business trip next Wednesday and don't feel safe taking this machine along. It's outrageous Lenovo just don't seem to want to do anything after all these months.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi All,

Engineering are unable to replicate this issue at their lab. Is it possible if someone could make a short video clip displaying this problem? If you could volunteer to send in the laptop for engineering, it would be fine as well.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
Andysan

[ Edited ]

Thanks, palm check seems to work for mw in Win7 - when I wiggle my TrackPoint cover I dont get the unresponsiveness in my touchpad.

Any other Linux users out there to confirm that this is an isolated Windows issue please, booted into Ubuntu 10.10 live and I'm sure it was happening.  TY.

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

[ Edited ]

Andysan, welcome to the forum,

FYI the correct ThinkPad term for the red dot in the middle of the keyboard is trackPoint :smileyhappy:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
Andysan

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip, I am aware of that but like to be a little risque!:smileyvery-happy:

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the honest reply. :smileyhappy:

Please bear in mind that there may me some members of the forum who might find your "risque" offensive.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

JaneL

andyP wrote: 

Please bear in mind that there may me some members of the forum who might find your "risque" offensive.

No worries.  I fixed it.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
ThinkTop

JameZ wrote:
Hi All,

Engineering are unable to replicate this issue at their lab. Is it possible if someone could make a short video clip displaying this problem? If you could volunteer to send in the laptop for engineering, it would be fine as well.

//JameZ

I think this may be an issue with the material the touchpad itself is made out of. I placed a protective cover along the right hand side of the touchpad in order to tell where the scroll area began. I've noticed that when I wash my hands the lack of oils cause the touchpad to have difficulty in picking up my finger - except along the righthand side where the protector is placed. I dont know if this is the same problem everyone's had, but thought I would mention it.