Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Stankoman

WIRELESS problem SOLVED "Turn on your wireless capabilty"

Hi everyone...

After reinstalling windows, I kept getting the "Turn on your wireless capabilty" message. 

I was pressing the Fn + F9 combination, yet nothing happened.

I am sad to say, that lenovo has very poor driver download selection:

for my model, i could download 4 different wireless adapter drivers (everything from intel to realtek). So how was i supposed to know which driver to get....

So the first thing I checked was the BIOS settings, if i had the wireless radio ON....

After downloading the correct driver... I still kept getting the same message...

Checking the wireless card was not disabled in the Network diagnostics... AGAIN IT DID NOT WORK

ANYWAY... The problem was not in the driver, or the BIOS, or the WINDOWS 7 SETTING.

The problem was with the motherboard???bios???powermanagement??? setting

I had to install the Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 7....

After that it was still not working...

Then I installed

Power Manager for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Key combination still not working... no wireless internet

THEN I INSTALLED

ThinkPad Power Management driver for Windows 7

After EVERYTHING installed, the menu came back and i could enable the WIRELESS adapter.

FML...

Thank you lenovo, for making this a horrible experience...

Lenovo, I am dissapoint....

Paper Tape
NickelbackII

Re: WIRELESS problem SOLVED "Turn on your wireless capabilty"

i've got the same story ... i found many drivers for wireless...i've a low internet connection ..hours to download them all ... and nothing happened .... just because of power management .. thanks lenovo for 12 hours lost in this cause ...
What's DOS?
cristiflorin

Re: WIRELESS problem SOLVED "Turn on your wireless capabilty"

Hi. I own a thinkpad edge 530. My wireless stopped working one day. I did all what I read I shoul do and even reinstalled windows. I doesnt have a radion on-off button (only the one on the keybord, which didnt worked) Finally it works after installing bios update (and much more stuff). To do this you need lenovo system update. I think it was a bios error. It took 2 weeks to solve it.