Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
scatha

Windows was unable to connect to NETWORKNAME - infuriating !!!

I purchased a new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, but I can't connect to wireless network quite often. Actually it lists available networks in the region but gives the error "Windows was unable to connect to NETWORKNAME" even if I type exactly the correct passphrase. But rarely it connects without any problem. To sum up, Windows 7 connects to the wireless network only when it wants to!!

I have ipad, mobile phone and another notebook (windows vista), they all connect to this network without any problem! The network I tried to connect is encrypted with WPA-PSK. I even tried to disable the encryption, the result did not change. I updated the wireless network card, reset many times. No change! (My network is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200)

Please help me. I am really infuriated with this problem. What should I do?

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Re: Windows was unable to connect to NETWORKNAME - infuriating !!!

control panel, power options, change plan settings, change advanced power settings, wireless adapter settings, power saving mode, make sure both settings are maximum performance.  then in device manager, right click on your wireless adapter, properties, power management, uncheck, "allow windows to turn off this device to save power."

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Blue Screen Again
scatha

topmahof thank you for your answer but it did not work. I followed the steps you mentioned, but still it connects only when it wants.

Any other suggestions?

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

well, you could go on intel's site and run their update utility and see if it comes up with a better driver for your wireless.  

i'm assuming you're using windows to manage your wireless networking.  if you're using lenovo's access connections then there are power settings in there as well.  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!