Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mcarls1990

Windows won't start!

Hi everyone!

I've got a problem with my thinkpad edge 15. Earlier on it has refused to start at some occasions bu today the computer looked itself and i had to tun the power off to restart it and windows wouldn't start.

Earlier i've always been able to run the windows/lenovo-repairation tool during the start up which have worked. The problem i have now is that nothing happens when i try to run it. The same thing happens when i try to run the lenovo rescue and recovery program during startup, i come to the lenovo screen and then nothing happens. 

I have also tried to run the hard drive diagnostics program in bios and i then get the error code 0000 - read verification failed.

Shall also say i didn't get a windows recovery/installation cd when i bought the computer.

Hope somebody out there have a solution to my problem!

Thanks anyway

/mike

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 239

Re: Windows won't start!

sounds like maybe the hard drive went out. i would make a call for service.  while you're at it ask for recovery discs. there might be a charge for those but at least you'll have them. good luck.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество