Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mcarls1990

Windows won't start!

Hi everyone!

I've got a problem with my thinkpad edge 15. Earlier on it has refused to start at some occasions bu today the computer looked itself and i had to tun the power off to restart it and windows wouldn't start.

Earlier i've always been able to run the windows/lenovo-repairation tool during the start up which have worked. The problem i have now is that nothing happens when i try to run it. The same thing happens when i try to run the lenovo rescue and recovery program during startup, i come to the lenovo screen and then nothing happens. 

I have also tried to run the hard drive diagnostics program in bios and i then get the error code 0000 - read verification failed.

Shall also say i didn't get a windows recovery/installation cd when i bought the computer.

Hope somebody out there have a solution to my problem!

Thanks anyway

/mike

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Re: Windows won't start!

sounds like maybe the hard drive went out. i would make a call for service.  while you're at it ask for recovery discs. there might be a charge for those but at least you'll have them. good luck.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!