Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
cwhitney24

advice on new laptop E520 11433FU setuphey...hey

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone. I am new to the forums and hope to be here for a while. If this is in the wrong section I ask the mods to please move to the proper one. O ordered a thinkpad from tigerdirect last week and it is being delivered Tuesday. It is the Edge E520 11433FU (link below). Ii also purchased the addition 4gb of ram. I am very excited since I haven't had a new laptop in years and I've never owned a Lenovo product. My question is...after I instal the additional 4gb of ram and boot up the computer what should I do? O have read on othersites to reload windows to get rid of bloatware, or installing different drivers. Any guidance would be appreciated. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=411806&CatId=4939 Thanks!!!!!

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 182

Re: advice on new laptop setuphey...hey

Hi, cwhitney24, welcome to Lenovo Forum!

First I would suggest create your recovery media.

Then I would recommend use the Lenovo installation, if you don´t need a lot of parttions. 

The "bloatware" is very helpfull and won´t slow down your system.

Learn about your machine at least two weaks and remember if everything is working, then do not update the system, unless its really necessary.

Best Regards and have fun with your new machine.

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español