Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Mendocino

biometric fingerprint scanner

Hello ppl,

Do u know where are the fingerprints saved ? I mean on my harddrive or somewhere on the Internet ? and can I use my fingerprints just to access a single folder or its for accessing my whole notebook

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Re: biometric fingerprint scanner

Hey Medocino,

What we use is the thinkvantage fingerprint software which I have linked below it's used to turn on the computer as added security. It can not be set to open a single folder. Check it out and if you have anymore questions feel free to post back.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029769

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Punch Card
SGolf

The enrollment fingerprints are converted to a mathematical set of values.

Then, when you authenticate with fingerprints, those swipes are converted to mathematical values, if the values are within acceptable ranges of eachother, the logon is considered successful.

It is impossible to swipe a finger in exactly an identical manner and it would be too cumbersome and easy to circumvent if an authenitcation fingerprint was to be "overlayed" to the enrollment prints for comparison.

This is the fundamental method of biometric authentication either fingerprint, voice or even iris.

Thus, your enrollment prints aren't being stored anywhere as human readable images such as those taken with traditional ink and rolled onto a fingerprint card.

If you had to use your Biometric sensor as a fingerprint image capture, you can use the biometric testing applet such as the one  in the control panel and swipe your finger that is rendered on the screen as an actual image.

Use PrtScrn or equivalent screen capture software  to capture that image and save it in the format you prefer.

But it wouldn't be suitable for submission to the US DoJ for fingerprint validation if that was any reason you were trying to determine where images of your fingerprints would be stored on the local system.

Signature:
Let us know what happened,and share your solutions so others may benefit from our experiences. "It doesn't really matter what kind of computers I own since right now the conversation is about the problems on the computers that YOU OWN!" -Mark Twain
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Mendocino

thank you both !

@SGolf, I dont hide myself, the database for every of us is big enough without them :smileyvery-happy: