My Edge E520 won't boot up whe the expresscard is in the slot

It's a Lindy expresscard that supports windows 7

any ideas?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: e520 expresscard

hey spiro,

try to do and update of your E520.

also, test that Lindy on a different laptop that uses Win 7. This is to help determine if it can work on a different laptop.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
Nipp3

I have this very same problem. I just received a Lycom 34 expresscard with firewire ports, but the system hangs when I install it to the ec34 slot. The system won't boot, just hangs in the lenovo post screen forever. The same hang problem comes when the os is already running and trying to connect the card to the computer. The lycom uses a TI chipset. On the device manager I have no indicated problems.

Once I managed to get the lycom in to the computer without the system completely freezing. The device manager announced that the ieee 1934a texas instruments ochi compliant host controller (or something similar) was unable to start?

What can be the problem here since other people are experiencing similar troubles as well..?

Paper Tape
Nipp3

Alright folks, here's the trick that made things working on my computer and allowed me to gain full acceess to stable expresscard fw connection with my Lycom TI based express 34 card.

It's really simple.This is how it goes at least on Lenovo Egde e520 machines:

1. Update to the most current bios.

2. Go to the the bios setup by pressing enter on the "lenovo" post screen.

3. Then press f1 to access bios setup.

4. Go to the "config" tab.

5. Select the "power" option.

6. Disable the "PCI Express Power management".

This fix worked like a charm for me! I hope that this thing works for other people as well who are experiencing similar troubles with their expresscard connections. No more freezing, no more boot problems, just like I want it!

Take care you all!