Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Jadi

hardware problem: sudden shutdown of Thinkpad ege type 0217, when pushed on the bottom

hi,  my daughter's edge type 0217 has very reproduceable hardware problem. It occurred the first time when she just handed over the runnin laptop. you accept it holding it on a one of its corners, en ooops, it shuts down. 

Now I discovered that there is a specific spot on its bottom that has this sudden shutdown effect. Just push there with one finger, absolutely not hard, and the PC shutsdown as if the battery were taken out, or a hardware reset button were pushed. 

She tells me il also occors when it is flat on a table, and the table shocks or vibrates. 

Anything I can do against that ?

Jan

Token Ring
len0v0

Re: hardware problem: sudden shutdown of Thinkpad ege type 0217, when pushed on the bottom

[ Edited ]

Is it a proper shutdown (all tasks shut down, windows says it's powering off) or just loss of power, ie laptop goes black right away.

Edit: Your posts seem to indicate the latter. If it is so, you should take it to a service center/warranty repairs.

Paper Tape
migwell2

Re: hardware problem: sudden shutdown of Thinkpad ege type 0217, when pushed on the bottom

Same problem, the laptop go to hibernate suddently with battery more than 80%.
Paper Tape
Jadi

Thanks, it is indeed a sudden 100% shutdown. Now, where do I find a service center in Belgium?
Jan
Token Ring
len0v0

Hi Jadi!

You should check with your retailer first, and then call your local Lenovo number (check their Belgium homepage.)

(I am not affiliated with Lenovo in any way.)