Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
spustisman

help required with computer performance

Hey guys. I have some issues with my Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530. The problem is that my computer has very low FPS in Battlefield 3.

My specs :
Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz 
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7,60 GB usable)  [ I installed 4GB of RAMs ]
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M (2 GB) 

Recently installed clean windows 7 64bit OS

This is my laptops windows index:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1272/asdvq.jpg

So the deal is, that I only get 18-24 FPS, guys back in BF3 forum told me that something is wrong, I should get much more FPS (at least 30-40).

I'm running BF3 in lowest possible settings, using Windows 7 Contrast theme, BF3 FPS boost cfg and a gamebooster.

Today I tryed to configurate some Nvidia settings for BF3. That worked out amazing. I had 45-60 FPS, but for a very shot time, lets say for about 4 minutes. After that my FPS dropped to ~20 again and some laptop keys started to get warm/hot (q w e r a s d around these buttons) and fan blew hot air out. Can this be an heating problem? Maybe the fan is not powerful enought to cool down 8GB of RAM istead of 4GB which is the amount that this laptop got out from factory? 

Could a cooling pad help me? Now I just tryed to play using some plastic box lifting up the bottom, that the air could float a bit more effectively.

BTW, about drivers. Well I have no issues in Device manager with any drivers, all are installed and working. 

Something is wrong, but what? Help my figure this out. 

Blue Screen Again
spustisman

Re: help required with computer performance

So could anybody help me?

Blue Screen Again
spustisman

So I have bought a cooling pad, but that did not fixed the problem. But when I turned on bf with cooling pad, I had ~50fps for about a minute, then suddenly fps dropped to 20 again.

Where are all the lenovo support guys. Why I can't receive any help?

Punch Card
Anno

Try disabling hyper-threading in the BIOS